• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Coolant Level Low

Dougal

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello all, warning popping up saying Coolant level low, seems a bit odd for a car under 1000 miles....does anyone know where i check this and if it is low....how do i rectify it ??

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Its on page 195-196 of your manual under vehicle care. Your pages may differ than that since I have older e-manual. You have to remove some trim panels to see the markings. You can add some if really low to drive (and meets coolant spec) but I'd get to dealer as it shouldnt be dropping any. Hopefully its just a bad level sensor.

JSUNLAND

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hopefully it's just a weeping coolant hose clamp. Gotta look around for any glycerin crust and trace it. Very common on other vehicles during the winter from extreme temp cycling, especially if clamp not torqued to spec.

OP
D

Dougal

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Cheers guys , called dealer , said check the levels and if just a wee bit low top up with water and keep an eye on it …if very low ..book it in 👍