Convertible cars

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As of the thread it’s off topic, currently we’re looking to add a convertible sports car, and one of the options we considered was a spyder RS (at msrp if so), but never driven one or know anyone how has, and my question is how comfortable is it ? From what I’ve read in reviews it’s far better than a 4RS and it’s designed and aligned to the road (which is my sole purpose for the car), lets say compared to the emira how comfortable is it ? Or a regular 718 boxster, 992 911, 22’ R8 which I find all daily drivable in terms of comfort.
The reason for the 4RS is it will def help with getting a 3RS and it has high potential to go up in value (or at least not depreciate) so wouldn’t mind adding it to the collection, the other option we considered was to get a “relatively cheap” (to the 4RS) a new Z4 m40i (front engined rwd + b58 solid combo, just don’t LOVE the front I’m ok with it, the rear and side are great imo), we do want a new car tho.
I wouldn’t spend that (RS amount of) money on a “regular car” that would depreciate (like a vantage/ferrari (personally not a fan)/mclaren (because of the reliability, then again I got a Lotus 😂)) as we have bigger payments to make (R), so keep that in mind if you got any good recommendations! (rwd and auto a must btw as I won’t be the only driver haha)
Thanks again for all the helpers 🙏🏽
Btw. Emira ain’t going anywhere any time soon haha.

Last edited:

Subw00er

Reaction score
Look at the 981s too. Its still relevant and many would argue that 6cyl trumps the 4cyl (feel/sound etc).

I hope we get a convertible Emira S one day! :)

Zardoz

Reaction score
Find a nice Z8, convertible, 6 speed, 400 hp, won't depreciate, maintaining won't break you, & beautiful. I'm partial to mine

Attachments

• IMG_6250.jpeg
    IMG_6250.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 15

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
one of the options we considered was a GT4RS (at msrp if so), but never driven one or know anyone how has, and my question is how comfortable is it ? From what I’ve read in reviews it’s far better than a 4RS and it’s designed and aligned to the road

I think you mean the 718 Spyder RS (vs the GT4RS)..?

The Spyder is a fantastic car. The only thing I don't like is the manual soft top. It's so tedious and silly on a car that price. They do look awesome though!

OP
Shahaf2911

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think you mean the 718 Spyder RS (vs the GT4RS)..?

The Spyder is a fantastic car. The only thing I don't like is the manual soft top. It's so tedious and silly on a car that price. They do look awesome though!
Yes yes my bad! Fixed thanks!
The soft top doesn’t worry me as it will probably be opened and closed once or twice a trip (vacation) tho I somewhat agree, my only main worry is comfort as I will prob drive it a lot and long distances as at the end it will replace the emira as I’ll start export process in ~6m but I did tell my dealer to tell me if he hears anything for an Emira R or S for the V6 and I’ll do the same as I’m doing now haha (enjoy it, let it depreciate then export to safe on taxes ( value x 1.22 = tax amount so significant!))
I don’t find the STO uncomfortable (apart from the sports seats (not even buckets) after ~2-3h so maybe I’m exaggerating ? 😅