• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Configurator: Colour Update online

Hey everybody,

I just saw, that the configurator (at least the German version) has been updated and is now showing more realistic colours as far as I can tell (haven‘t seen a real model by now so based on the shared pictures from the colour samples)

So back to play with the colours again :)

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I just saw, that the configurator (at least the German version) has been updated and is now showing more realistic colours as far as I can tell (haven‘t seen a real model by now so based on the shared pictures from the colour samples)

Oh you got me! I logged in. Hahaha

I cannot see any differences but would love to see some pics if you can really see a change.

Last edited:

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey everybody,

UK version as well - V6 now saying Summer 2022 when you go to configurator (Spring before you choose to spec)

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow. USA definitely different. Colors better (Based on seeing the samples in person) and car is much larger.

The wheels however don’t look correct - the forged wheels have a different design don’t they?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Confirmed US site is updated. For those not seeing the change, you can clear your cache and refresh by pressing Ctrl + F5.

Looks like the interior is updating a bit too! There's now a nice yellow stripe down the middle of the Alcantara seats, but it doesn't fully load and glitches out when trying other Alcantara options:

interior.jpg

Last edited:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You guys are hitting the configurator hard, it's loading very slow for me.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
UK Site has updated. New layout but the colours seem to have changed, Green is darker than before but actually looks better than the samples. Red is now a really nice colour and maybe an option!? But having chosen Nimbus I think I like it even more...
Wheels look a bit overly dark though?

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Did we already know some territories are getting 'Emira' on the seat instead of Lotus. I hope the QA on the cars is better than on the web tech.

seat-logo.jpg

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
UK Site has updated. New layout but the colours seem to have changed, Green is darker than before but actually looks better than the samples. Red is now a really nice colour and maybe an option!? But having chosen Nimbus I think I like it even more...
Wheels look a bit overly dark though?
Agree the green looks much nicer, very tempted. And you're right the lighting on the wheels is a bit poor.

This detail wasn't on the black pack before IIRC, and the lettering on the rear panel now changes a bit more obviously.

black-pack.jpg

Rufy

Reaction score
also privacy glass show some different detail now
Really curious to see the final version of the alcantara seats.. and if at the end there will be also the contrast stitching on the steering wheel for manual

boozyjay

Reaction score
Now it's updated, you can't see the engine by choosing the privacy glass option.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
much better, the metallic-ness has been dialed back to more like the samples

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
bit buggy, the gloss black is much more glossy and reflections look better. The kef speakers are gone. But the metalics look more realistic.

Green looks fab

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
bit buggy, the gloss black is much more glossy and the kef speakers are gone. But the metalics look more realistic.
I'm really not a fan of the bright silver kef speaker grilles. I thought they looked a bit tacky in the blue demo car. And too big.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Finally they get the red right! But really, this is another fail… how can they release a buggy configurator? As their primary marketing tool, this should have the Lotus bosses screaming into their tweed jackets.