Competitors

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm not 100% on the looks personally but I agree it's overlooked and because of it, prices are reasonable. As the market cools off a bit a GT-C would be a serious bargain. It's not light but it has loads of power and torque to make up for it and what seems like a fantastic chassis.

Would you track the GT-C? As I recall you seem to be an experienced track driver with plans for the Emira.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Also like the Giulia Quad (GTam would be tits), would love to try one, can buy a new for a decent price.

Ronin

Reaction score
Which new vehicles do you consider as competitors to the Emira? Anyone cross shopping other vehicles due to long delivery times?

Although the Emira is at the top of my list, I am considering the below.
1. Nissan Z
2. Toyota Supra (esp with the manual)
3. Porsche cayman/boxster
4. BMW G87 M2
5. C8 Corvette/Z06 (impossible to get without ADM)
6. Audi TT-RS (discont. 2022)
3, 4, and 5 for me as well

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lately I've been looking at used AMG GT-C and wondering if I'd be just as happy or happier in one of those as the Emira.
They do look and sound great but personally I couldn’t get on with the ‘seat over the back wheels’ feel of the thing. I prefer the car to rotate around me but that’s just personal taste. I’d definitely drive one though if you haven’t already

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They do look and sound great but personally I couldn’t get on with the ‘seat over the back wheels’ feel of the thing. I prefer the car to rotate around me but that’s just personal taste. I’d definitely drive one though if you haven’t already
Going to look on Turo and see if I can book one. As for seating position the AMG GT is very similar to my prior S2000. The S2000 seats may have been even closer to the rear axle. Both rwd, both mid engine, both double wishbone.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Going to look on Turo and see if I can book one. As for seating position the AMG GT is very similar to my prior S2000. The S2000 seats may have been even closer to the rear axle. Both rwd, both mid engine, both double wishbone.
Both are squarely from the "classic roadster" school of chassis design, which places the driver as far rearward as practical and possible, in order to get the weight of the engine behind the front axle. In the early days of sports cars this was one of the only practical ways to engineer a car to handle and change direction well, because the suspension technology of the time was extremely limited.

This is the same design ethic used in the Lotus 7, the early MG sports cars (T, A), the Jag E-Type, Morgan 4, Triumph, etc. It's a very specific kind of experience to be that far behind the axis of rotation... it's not for everyone but it's a really fun way to drive a car.

1657639583720.png

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts