• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Collecting from Hethel on Monday and still not got insurance. Any recommended insurers?

Rollie

Reaction score
As far as we know, no Autos have been delivered yet anywhere in the World.
They started production of first batch in February, so we might see a few after PDI end of this month.
My bet is Belgium will be the first, as it happened with the manual back in September last year. And as per another post, two of them have been already offered from a dealer in Belgium, but not arrived yet, customer cancellations supposedly. Weird for all of us that have been waiting so long, but it happened before.
Delivery's are going fast in Belgium-)
Today 6 Emira's delivered at once at Lotus Verhiest in Ostend!

OP
firstedition

firstedition

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Went with elephant multicar insurance which is admiral whitelabelled I think.
Paid £2k but i had a crash 3 years ago and my postcode isn't liked by insurers.
Aidrian flux wouldn't insure me because of my postcode.

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another vote for Admiral, I phoned about 12 insurers and they were the only ones that offered a reasonable price (<£1,000). Moving to multi-car for the Emira got it down to ~£650 in the end. It was a somewhat painful process all in. Worth it in the end though.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Went with elephant multicar insurance which is admiral whitelabelled I think.
Paid £2k but i had a crash 3 years ago and my postcode isn't liked by insurers.
Aidrian flux wouldn't insure me because of my postcode.
It is, I built a white-label app for them a few years ago. It served Admiral, Bell, Elephant, Diamond and gladiator, from what I remember. I ran a quote through confused.com and it came back with Bell at £845. Seems like the Admiral Group is a place to try.

dzernski

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It is, I built a white-label app for them a few years ago. It served Admiral, Bell, Elephant, Diamond and gladiator, from what I remember. I ran a quote through confused.com and it came back with Bell at £845. Seems like the Admiral Group is a place to try.
I've been with Admiral and other sub brands for at least a decade. Had a mixed bag of experiences involving claims (three non fault over the course of 5 years). Oddly thinking of moving half the fleet elsewhere as the prices quoted and the increase are hideous. Having said that my home insurance quote has also gone up by 60% (no claims there) so to all you who are getting insurance at a couple of hundred quid, well done.