• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Car Lifts (Storage or Maintenance)

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This thread is for those of us shopping around for car lifts. I did a search and didn’t see a thread for this topic. There’s a Quick Jack thread, but I’m not interested in that type of lift at all.

Post what you have, review them, recommend them, or tell us to steer clear and why.

We’ve been looking at the Advantage 4 post car lift (DX-9000-HD), which now has free shipping. It looks well engineered and sturdily built. Anyone have this or any other lift they want to comment on?
https://www.advantagelifts.com/products/advantage-dx-9000-4-post-best-residential-lift-on-the-market

Also, post any other lifts you have or want… any scissor lifts you’ve been interested in (or own) for maintenance, or any storage lifts we may not know about. Show us those setups.

Post your thoughts!

I have an Atlas 4 post lift, for about 3 years now - love it.
Makes my 2 car garage a 3 car garage - and maintenance much easier.

Attachments

• IMG_0835.jpeg
    IMG_0835.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 43
I have a small garage (single car, 10’x20’) and the only viable solution was a single post. So I have information (or at least experience) with that option if anybody is looking in that direction.

97350531-BDBD-4FBA-BFE2-7EE1333989C9.jpeg

IMG_9288.jpeg
B0CA627D-5FFE-4D2B-80D6-D2F373266C73.jpeg

I have two of the backyard buddy lifts from Advantage.

I went with them for several reasons:
- American made with American steel.
- Full service operation. Delivery, installation and after sale service. I literally only had to pay. They did everything else.
- The build quality is really impressive. The way the collar entirely surrounds the post (vs the C-channel setup of all the others) makes these things incredibly sturdy. I had my Silver Shadow on it and there was zero wobble, sway or flex!

- Full service operation. Delivery, installation and after sale service. I literally only had to pay. They did everything else.
- The build quality is really impressive. The way the collar entirely surrounds the post (vs the C-channel setup of all the others) makes these things incredibly sturdy. I had my Silver Shadow on it and there was zero wobble, sway or flex!
Thanks for posting! I was thinking about ordering a Bendpak, but I'm going to switch over to Advantage now. I like their accessories such as the air jacks and the magnetic LED lighting.

Thanks for posting! I was thinking about ordering a Bendpak, but I'm going to switch over to Advantage now. I like their accessories such as the air jacks and the magnetic LED lighting.
I actually switched out their magnetic lights for some COB strings and connectors from Amazon. They're much brighter and I was able to connect them together to provide both up lighting for the undercarriage on the top car and down lighting for the car below.

Your listed reasons are why we’re looking at Advantage Lifts. The engineering and design look better thought out for quality and safety than other 4 posts. I’ve watched tons of YouTube videos on Advantage, and their small engineering details are great selling points for us. The DX-9000 has more height clearance for my wife’s SUV, so that’s why we’re leaning that way.

Do you have a link for the lights you bought on Amazon? The Advantage lights seem overpriced for what they are… especially if you say they’re not bright enough for you. That’s the whole point! I wouldn’t want lights on the lift strictly for ambiance.

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is an interesting lift 🤔

Not sure it would work for us unless we back up both cars into our garage.

Do you mind sharing what it cost?
I paid an installed price here in Canada.

I believe a raw, undelivered USD cost is around $6,000.

As far as backing your cars in, the limiting factor is the vertical post. My cars need to be driven in front ways because the post needs to be on the opposite side of the driver’s door. My lift needed to be oriented with the vertical post on the side that it is because I needed the lift biased away from the man door from my house to the garage.

For what it’s worth, a 4-post would have caused me to lose access to my garage from my house through the man door, and a 2-post would prevent me from moving back-to-front or front-to-back within my garage when the cars are parked. The single post allows free access into and throughout the garage when both cars are stored. For the size of garage that I have it’s really the only solution.

That said, I give myself about a 50/50 chance of knocking myself unconscious in my garage in the next 5 years by hitting my head on the lift 😬… but that’s not gonna be the lift’s fault.

Last edited:
Your listed reasons are why we’re looking at Advantage Lifts. The engineering and design look better thought out for quality and safety than other 4 posts. I’ve watched tons of YouTube videos on Advantage, and their small engineering details are great selling points for us. The DX-9000 has more height clearance for my wife’s SUV, so that’s why we’re leaning that way.

Do you have a link for the lights you bought on Amazon? The Advantage lights seem overpriced for what they are… especially if you say they’re not bright enough for you. That’s the whole point! I wouldn’t want lights on the lift strictly for ambiance.

I've owned two 4 post lifts from Advantage Lift. Great Product!