Canadian Allocations

DV3M1RA

Reaction score
Congrats! Sounds like you’ll be the first in delivered around here

Will have to reach out to the dealer when I’m back in town to see what has arrived

Did you see any DV on tan cars in the delivery?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did anyone notice that Quebec City got a Lotus Dealership? Brings total CAN dealers to 6. Interesting...

D4speed

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that Quebec City got a Lotus Dealership? Brings total CAN dealers to 6. Interesting...
Interesting. I wonder if I can transfer my deposit to them as they are the closet dealer to me. I am frustrated in that I have a 8/31/21 deposit for a V6 auto but haven't even been contacted to submit a build order.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting. I wonder if I can transfer my deposit to them as they are the closet dealer to me. I am frustrated in that I have a 8/31/21 deposit for a V6 auto but haven't even been contacted to submit a build order.
Contact the dealer and Lotus USA, I have heard you can switch your preferred dealer, especially since you have not placed a build order

D4speed

Reaction score
Contact the dealer and Lotus USA, I have heard you can switch your preferred dealer, especially since you have not placed a build order
Thanks for the tip. Will see what can be done. I have been told that I should have submitted a build order long ago based on my deposit date.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for the tip. Will see what can be done. I have been told that I should have submitted a build order long ago based on my deposit date.
I am not surprised... you definitely should have. Hopefully Quebec City dealer can sort it out for you.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
Deposit date for me was July 12, 2021. Order confirmed Aug 17, 2023 and reconfirmed 2 days ago because of the delay with the Auto's

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Since your build order hasn't been submitted, your deposit should be refundable. Check into that, if there's any doubt. But even so, you may lose your "place in line" if you get a refund and then give the new Quebec dealer a deposit. You'd need to talk to the Quebec dealer to see what they say about their expected allocations and where you'd be in their line-up (ie. when they'd expect you'd get an allocation with them). Sometimes dealers will prioritize customers in their geographic area, so that could work to your advantage.

As well, I usually find it advantageous for servicing, if you buy a new vehicle from your local dealer and get it serviced there after. They're more likely to throw you some perks, such as a replacement vehicle while yours is in for an extended repair.

Something else for you to consider, if you're unhappy with your current dealership and they're not telling you (for example) when they expect to get an allocation for you and submit your build. Something seems wrong with your timing, given when you placed your deposit with them. Maybe (??) they're giving priority to those in their area and they've bypassed you?? Good luck!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
how did it go with the new Quebec City dealer?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting... will we see a larger than average price increase for Lotus, AM, Rolls, Bentley, Mini? 6% is substantial. Kicked in last week.