Calipers

Calipers, yay or meh?

• Colour Calipers (Red / Yellow) are a cool style option and enhance the car

Votes: 44 74.6%
  • Colour calipers are a bit dated and detract from the car

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Silver / Black calipers are subtle and allow the (more important) wheels to stand out

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Colour calipers makes the wheels stand out

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Unless the brakes are carbon ... it's just wrong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I just can't decide on calipers and whether they're a thing or not! More than one choice if you want it

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It’s early days but the poll seems to be in favour that most people think they are cool. I’ve never had the chance to have them on any car I’ve owned but always admired the,m. I’ve gone red with silver wheels but thinking maybe yellow now.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One of the aims is to ensure overall colour cohesion and link the outside to the inside.

A few rules of thumb:
- Aim to match caliper colour to interior trim colour / accent.
- To avoid having monotony (Good example is the Shadow grey show car with black leather!!), have the interior have some contrast with the paint colour. But the interior and exterior colours should be complementary.

So for example:
- Silver calipers match well with Ice grey leather, black leather with grey stitch and alcantara with grey stitch.
- Black calipers go well with primarily dark interiors like Alcantara and black leather (with any stitch colour)
- Red calipers match red leather, alcantara with red stitch
- Yellow calipers match tan leather or alcantara with yellow stitch.

Hope this helps!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It’s early days but the poll seems to be in favour that most people think they are cool. I’ve never had the chance to have them on any car I’ve owned but always admired the,m. I’ve gone red with silver wheels but thinking maybe yellow now.
If you have gone tan Tony I'd say yellow 💛 for the win 🏆 😎

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If you have gone tan Tony I'd say yellow 💛 for the win 🏆 😎
I’ve gone black Nappa Leonard My thinking is the red brings out the red rear taillights, I’ve gone for silver wheels on my nimbus. For some reason in my head I think yellow callipers are synonymous with Ceramic brakes.
I can’t go for red leather, I think it looks lovely but it’s just not me.
Black pack, privacy glass and black leather will mean most won’t see me in the drivers seat 😙,

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I’ve gone black Nappa Leonard My thinking is the red brings out the red rear taillights, I’ve gone for silver wheels on my nimbus. For some reason in my head I think yellow callipers are synonymous with Ceramic brakes.
I can’t go for red leather, I think it looks lovely but it’s just not me.
Black pack, privacy glass and black leather will mean most won’t see me in the drivers seat 😙,
Ah yes sorry. I'd stick with red then. I chose it for exact same reason 😁

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I had red on my RS7 and I was always trying to keep them from looking dirty. Going with black on the Emira.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had red on my RS7 and I was always trying to keep them from looking dirty. Going with black on the Emira.
Ceramic coating them (with the same product you'd use on wheels, due to temps) should be enough to at least make them cleanable with a quick blast from a pressure washer.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ceramic coating them (with the same product you'd use on wheels, due to temps) should be enough to at least make them cleanable with a quick blast from a pressure washer.
Speaking of ceramic coating gentleman I've read that Avalon King armour Shield 9 is one of the most user-friendly ceramic coatings on the market, that's what I plan on doing my own car.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m just out to get the most value options from the FE, black looks nice but could be the base car colour callipers. Does the red clean up with a pressure washer?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m just out to get the most value options from the FE, black looks nice but could be the base car colour callipers. Does the red clean up with a pressure washer?
They usually take just a wet rag, but reaching through the wheels and getting into llof the books and crannies is time consuming. Maybe ceramic coating will help

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is useful for reference:

Brake calipers.JPG

I'm going for black as I think it goes well with the diamond cut wheels - Silver would too. Paint is Hethel Yellow and black leather interior, so not red or yellow calipers for me.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 2610

I'm going for black as I think it goes well with the diamond cut wheels - Silver would too. Paint is Hethel Yellow and black leather interior, so not red or yellow calipers for me.
Going yellow all the way with my Seneca blue.
I love the way the word "Lotus" just pops on the yellow.😎

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 2610

Lotus should be white on the red caliper as it would stand out much better

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like the way red calipers look behind black wheels. If I was going with silver wheels, I'd probably go with black calipers.