Brakes!

HethelYellow

Reaction score
Couldn't see a specific forum for this one so if it is not appropriate in here then please move it.

I have an early car (late 2022) and a week or so back it went in for some minor work and I was lent a brand new FE V6 manual (ostensibly the same) but the brakes were WAY more sensitive in the new car - immediate stopping power from much higher up the pedal travel whereas mine is much lower down and takes more of a shove. Anyone know if there is a servo difference between the early and later cars, or indeed any adjustability in the servo?

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I find my i4 brakes quite sensitive too. I've needed to modify my braking somewhat to avoid throwing my passenger forward every time! I didn't notice it during the previous V6 test drive. The guy who did my PPF has done many Emiras in and he said mine was about average but there had been others which were very sensitive. He used the phrase over-servoed.

Last edited:
OP
H

HethelYellow

Reaction score
now that is interesting as my dealer says the brakes/brake set up have never changed throughout production but what you say reinforces my impression that they definitely have!

I have asked them now to drive the two cars (mine and the demo) back to back and give me their thoughts :)

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have a similar feeling about the suspension. The i4 touring suspension definitely feels firmer than I remember from the V6 touring drive I had. Maybe it's just that the V6 drive was too long ago now to be objective.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
now that is interesting as my dealer says the brakes/brake set up have never changed throughout production but what you say reinforces my impression that they definitely have!

I have asked them now to drive the two cars (mine and the demo) back to back and give me their thoughts :)
First thing I would do is check the brake fluid level. It also sounds like you may have air in the lines. Have them flush and bleed the brakes.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I found my brakes very grabby when I first got the car. They have softened up (and perhaps I've become used to modulating them) so I don't really notice it these days

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mine were grabby also was almost embarrassed but have got more used to them.
They seem to shed quite a bit of dust compared to other cars so far. Maybe its the silver wheels that i try to keep the dust off so notice it more.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have the V6 and coming from an RS3 I found them harsh but it was just the change. I now don't even think about it and braking is easy.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Grabby on day 1 miles 0-70. By mile 300 I consciously noticed that the catch-you-by-surprise grabby point had gone. Now they are really nice to modulate and, oh my goodness, so strong!

I used Sonax wheel cleaner during the first wash, very happy with how much dust left the wheels without even a rag. Although at the end of the summer I might remove and buff each wheel followed by a ceramic coat. I think Ammo NYC (Larry) has a good DIY on youtube for that. I'll see if I can find the link.

Link here

sirringo

Reaction score
I noticed the sensitivity / overboosted feel on the demo car right away - glad to hear it modulates or one can at least become accustomed to it.

The Evora I test drove previously had perhaps my favourite brake pedal of anything I've driven...sad that feel didn't carry over.