• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION BMC or K&N air filter options

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does anybody know of BMC or K&N filter options that are available yet? Will the Evora inserts work? I searched and could not locate any info thus far

NoFear99

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Greg’s sell the k&n now. Last week he had to figure it out if it was fitting and it is now listed into the emira part section so must be the same as the evora.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anybody know of BMC or K&N filter options that are available yet? Will the Evora inserts work? I searched and could not locate any info thus far
Keep this in mind. Lotus has issued a warning about these types of filters, that it can void the warranty.

Attachments

• ---TSB_2020_01_USA_Unauthorised_Modification_Warranty_Implications_.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 19

David s

Reaction score
Not sure how a cold air filter could void the warrenty. It woukd be difficult to refuse a warrenty claim on a poor panel fit due to an after market cold air kit is fitted.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure how a cold air filter could void the warrenty. It woukd be difficult to refuse a warrenty claim on a poor panel fit due to an after market cold air kit is fitted.
Read the TSB I posted. They explain in detail how and why a cold air filter could void the warranty. It doesn't mean they all automatically would, but it does give notice that it's a possibility depending on what the issue is with the car.