Black Pack - Adds to it or Takes Something Away?

Nimbus: Should we do the black pack on it, or do you feel it kind of messes with the lines?

• I'd go black pack

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • I wouldn't go black pack

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
My partner and I want to get a Nimbus Emira.
Should we do the black pack on it, or do you feel it kind of messes with the lines of the car?
Thanks

HydroJim

Reaction score
So far I think it looks best with vivid red. However, I don't think it looks good with magma red. So I think it really just depends. Personally, I wouldn't do it with Nimbus.

OP
CornersOnRails
Reaction score
Cool thanks appreciate it.. we really are indecisive so we'd love anyones input.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've never understood why anyone would pay $1200 extra for Lotus to paint the roof black when you could just cover it with black PPF and have the option to change your mind later.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've never understood why anyone would pay $1200 extra for Lotus to paint the roof black when you could just cover it with black PPF and have the option to change your mind later.

Just adding 2 cents but I didn’t go with a cosmetic ppf because any suction cup roof mount I use will lift the ppf.

Outside of that, I’m inclined to agree with you. That being said cosmetic ppf over those areas in my metro area is probably right around $1200.

OP
CornersOnRails
Reaction score

Good idea.

Hey --
What is the tool in your footer?

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Just adding 2 cents but I didn’t go with a cosmetic ppf because any suction cup roof mount I use will lift the ppf.

Outside of that, I’m inclined to agree with you. That being said cosmetic ppf over those areas in my metro area is probably right around $1200.
Totally agree. Unless you can PPF it yourself, I doubt you'll save a lot. Maybe just the ability to reverse it is worth the optionality.

MIGZ

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My thoughts are black paint is a pain to keep looking good, Ill likely end up getting the center section wrapped black and leave the pillar the normal color.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Should we do the black pack on it, or do you feel it kind of messes with the lines of the car?
Thanks
Look into the Nimbus thread for photos of different configurations.
Check out Emira Forum images for inspiration.
And, play with the Configurator to compare options.
Then, you do you.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey --
What is the tool in your footer?
It’s a homebrew Emira configurator I wrote in UE5 for Windows, back before there were any photos of the actual colors. Lets you play with stripe designs and ride height as well.

OP
CornersOnRails
Reaction score
My thoughts are black paint is a pain to keep looking good, Ill likely end up getting the center section wrapped black and leave the pillar the normal color.
I was thinking that same thing -- I think this could be the best of both worlds.. Do you think it would look weird at all?

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There’s some interesting discussion re black pack at about 30 minutes in this video. This was what convinced me to go body colour roof about 2 years ago
Some of the rest of the discussion is interesting, too.

Captain Chaos

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks
This is a very personal choice.....my own feeling is that Nimbus is one of the best colours currently available for the Emira. Though to some eyes it can look 'racier' with a black roof, the lines flow better without it. Harry's Garage Emira is a good example, he didn't go for the BP nor the privacy glass, and for silver wheels. So, to my mind the choice of BP is tied up not just with the colour but also with privacy glass and choice of wheel too. I have seen a couple of Verdants with the BP - which I thought was fairly pointless as the car almost looks black unless under direct sunlight anyway. Possibly ordered way before anyone saw it in the metal.

Other opinions are available..........

EmirOfDenmark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You tell me - does it take anything away? I think not :).
IMG_1414.jpeg

meccanisti

Reaction score
It looks great on Nimbus but if it's finished anything like the lower black pack it will be covered in swirls and chips very very quickly. After 1000mls my detailer had to cover the front black lip with black PPF it was swirled and peppered.

I'd go without, save $ and black PPF it for the look.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It also includes black mirrors, black "LOTUS" lettering on the back, and black exhaust tips. It's annoying, though, that the black pack was a free option on the Evora GT, so charging for it on the Emira is lame.

In my opinion, these cars desperately need the black roof, so it's worth it.

Last edited:

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I love the BlackPack on my Seneca Blue. Its not only the roof…Its the black exhaust instead of silver, black Lotus lettering etc…
Precisely why I love it too on my SG!

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s nice that we are all different, I way prefer no black pack on my Seneca as I think it spoils the lines, prefer the silver lettering and exhaust as well!! 😀

DeXtreme

Reaction score
Think of it more as a whole car theme, and not just the roof.

If you’re doing gloss black rims, you’d see good aesthetic return on black lettering and roof. If you’re doing silver rims, far less and you can do either.

Personally, I love the aesthetic of discrete lettering and the mystique of a black accented vehicle more than chrome or silver.

I just ordered a nimbus + black pack + black rims and red interior/calipers for the edgy look. Likely will get custom lotus badges in black/gray as well to complete it