Black letters mod

Sebbie

Reaction score
Hello,

I just received my non black pack Emira, tho i Want the letters in the back black, where do i get those or should i just spraypaint them black?

Hello,

I just received my non black pack Emira, tho i Want the letters in the back black, where do i get those or should i just spraypaint them black?

You can buy them direct from Lotus! They even come with a template to help you install.

Good to know the black letters are not holding up production:p I want the same maybe I should order now? I assume just tape holds them on. I used high strength fishing line to remove the silver letters off my R8.

Your dealer should be able to get them via Lotus Aftersales. I've asked Deroure (Lotus online parts) when they will be adding the Emira parts catalogue to their online shop.

When I asked Lotus directly last week they said no and that I need to go through the dealer for this

I meant its an OEM part that's offered and can be purchased as you would any other OEM part. Not necessarily directly at the Hethel factory. Though I don't see why not... They probably just sell Lotus Merch there for the tours and don't have an official parts counter set up.

At some time all parts should be available here - and there's a US/GB switch at the top of the page :

(The Emira heading has been added but no parts as yet)

This passes an order through your chosen dealer and works for older models already in the UK at least....

Has anyone tried this? How are the results

Not a fan of plasti dip tbh, yes it is easy to apply, and relatively easy to remove, but it isn't durable enough for exterior automotive application in my experience (or any interior that gets frequently touched). Edges can peel when cleaning unless you are very gentle (for example, rear badges, if you are anything near OCD about getting into all the grooves to clean).

In my experiences, it looks great when first done, but can get tatty very quickly.

And at all costs, avoid any areas on the front of the car!

Not a fan of plasti dip tbh, yes it is easy to apply, and relatively easy to remove, but it isn't durable enough for exterior automotive application in my experience (or any interior that gets frequently touched). Edges can peel when cleaning unless you are very gentle (for example, rear badges, if you are anything near OCD about getting into all the grooves to clean).

In my experiences, it looks great when first done, but can get tatty very quickly.

And at all costs, avoid any areas on the front of the car!

I like the plasti dip or paint while on the car so as to not have to run the risk of messing up the factory paint underneath.

I would never attempt to spray or plasti dip anything while still on the car. That's just asking for trouble with overspray. That being said, I've plastidipped the chrome front grill on my Subaru Forester XT and it lasted years with no peeling issues. But even then, I properly removed the grill, cleaned, and sprayed it on the ground. Would I attempt to do something like that to a $100k exotic sportscar? Lol... no. Just buy the OEM black emblems that come with the alignment kit and do it properly.

DSC03923.jpg

I would never attempt to spray or plasti dip anything while still on the car. That's just asking for trouble with overspray. That being said, I've plastidipped the chrome front grill on my Subaru Forester XT and it lasted years with no peeling issues. But even then, I properly removed the grill, cleaned, and sprayed it on the ground. Would I attempt to do something like that to a $100k exotic sportscar? Lol... no. Just buy the OEM black emblems that come with the alignment kit and do it properly.

View attachment 21735
Yea, u probably right

View attachment 21735
Yes you are certainly right. Might be an idea for someone who wants to try it, before committing, but not more than that.

Yes. I’ve plastic dip my previous car badges with great success. It produces a smooth mat black rubberised finish. It’s lasted for years. You can spray it on without removing the badges. Plenty of YouTube videos. So it’s a question if you want gloss OEM finish or mat black.

You can buy them direct from Lotus! They even come with a template to help you install.
Can I ask how much the LOTUS letters (and template) cost? Elite Detailing want to use replacements letters when ppf is applied and the old letters removed - the template will make life easier.