• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Better music quality

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What can we do to upgrade the sound system quality ?
There must be some easy upgrades out there Amps , Speakers Etc 👍

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Would need to understand how the Emira’s system is wired. If there are amps already in the car, how many, where, if they can even be bypassed, etc.

The 18 year old in me, the one who used to install car audio as a side gig in college, stares at that rear shelf and thinks damn that’s a great place to drop a couple of 12” subs.

Then the 40-something year old me reminds that punk kid that lightness is important in this car, and a sub box would be borderline sacrilegious.

Also the factory subs look like they’re mounted pretty damn deep in the chassis just by looking at pics of the car on the line. I wonder how hard it is to even access them.

You’ll have to find a brave audio shop who is willing to be the first.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Would need to understand how the Emira’s system is wired. If there are amps already in the car, how many, where, if they can even be bypassed, etc.

The 18 year old in me, the one who used to install car audio as a side gig in college, stares at that rear shelf and thinks damn that’s a great place to drop a couple of 12” subs.

Then the 40-something year old me reminds that punk kid that lightness is important in this car, and a sub box would be borderline sacrilegious.

Also the factory subs look like they’re mounted pretty damn deep in the chassis just by looking at pics of the car on the line. I wonder how hard it is to even access them.

You’ll have to find a brave audio shop who is willing to be the first.
Do I get a brave medal?

A28C7BE1-48E5-4CF6-A5D2-147E0F597CAC.jpeg

Access is easy. Just unclip side panel.
There’s a couple of amps in there.
What you do with them is another matter.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sometimes the plain looking, but correctly designed, speaker drivers sound the best❣️
Yep. Fancy looks does not a fine speaker make.

Take a look at the off-the-shelf drivers available from Dynaudio, Vifa, or Scanspeak. Very few look any different from what's pictured here, even ones going into incredibly high end home audio loudspeakers.