Base model configurator?

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow guys, I'm defiantly Dyslectic so that means I'll get a 2025 Emira, that's going to make your cars pretty old by then :)
Personally I think it’s a mistake on Lotus’ part to not do a mid calendar year model year change as it causes a nightmare on the resale market as well as the parts/aftermarket. I imagine country and region specific certifications are driving it. It’s also perplexing the schism that is the FE. How do you explain a “First Edition” that spans model years?

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ugh… doing it again. Not reading Properly. I thought you meant facelift… you meant Model Year designation. 🤦🏻‍♂️
No worries, yes, I meant model year changeover where all the major changes happen. When you’re talking about a MY run that will span 18+ months you will see parts listings that ask what month the car was built or what serial number block it lives in. From a resale standpoint that 2024 Emira you take delivery of in June 2024 will take the same depreciation as the one delivers in March 2023 the minute the 2025’s hit the street.

However, the people running Lotus aren’t idiots, I’m sure they considered all these things when they came to this decision. Working for a UK based company I’ve seen a lot of very smart people make questionable decisions based on opinion vs. fact. Take IR35 for example, an entire industry set on its ear because of a lack of understanding and poorly written regulations. (Only Brits will understand the reference).

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I hope not! Once that base configurator goes Live this will give a good indication that they should be 6 months or so out from beginning its production. But with UK dealers not receiving Demo's yet I can't see that base going live until end of Oct. earliest.
I don't expect to see Base options and pricing or a revised configurator with Base + options until early in the New Year now, based on an update from Lotus on Friday.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't expect to see Base options and pricing or a revised configurator with Base + options until early in the New Year now, based on an update from Lotus on Friday.
What was Friday's update? Did we miss something?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Me talking to people I know :)

I'll publish some more over the next few days, I've been away over the weekend and am catching up on stuff. It's mainly about the checkout process and test drives situation. Latest timing on Base info came up in the context of UK people having to make commitments to V6 FE orders without having Base pricing.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

I'll publish some more over the next few days, I've been away over the weekend and am catching up on stuff. It's mainly about the checkout process and test drives situation. Latest timing on Base info came up in the context of UK people having to make commitments to V6 FE orders without having Base pricing.
Great, please don't pull a @Next Decade on us!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Makes sense from Lotus' bean counters position. I suppose they would want all the firm sales they can get at the moment and cars delivered. Oppose to people playing with the base configurator and switching. Still frustrating nonetheless.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any news?
I recall there was a comment in Harry's Garage recent 4,000 Mile Emira review video about Base Edition beginning or being announced in July. Of course this was before the NA production and CARB fiasco with V6 Auto and FE i4 delays. Toss in the shipping attacks and Baltimore bridge incidents and its anyone's guess. I'm still thinking July for UK and EU, but what do I know? So much in Flux.