• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Barefoot driving

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As threatened, here's a new one about barefoot driving. Probably less controversial than the 'somewhat controversial' thread.

When I got my Evora in the wet and windy November of 2012, my feet were covered with my universal brown shoes that I wear for everything! Muddy dog walks, karting, and even a bit of rock climbing.
Driving was nice, it was comfortable, life was good. I didn't know that not too far down the road I'd be wearing a heel shaped hole in the mat!!!
Anyway, summer turned up, and the flip flops went on. Now, anyone driving in flip flops is trying to kill themselves. My late teens saw me water skiing a lot, and as I helped at the lake, I often drove the boats, refueled them, towed them etc, so being around water etc, my feet were often stark naked, no universal brown shoes in sight! Driving barefoot became the norm.
So, naturally, when the weather allowed, my shoes and socks were discarded and it was time for some Lotus tootsie!
OMG, the clutch peddle on the Evora is like a cheese grater! I had to cover it with hockey tape (for those that don't know, ice hockey sticks require a fabric tape for grip on the blade and handle (according to my son), and this tape can be used for ANYTHING). It felt easier on my soft, pure, foot skin.
Anyway, after years my left foot has grown an extra inch of dead skin, which helps a bunch.

Question is: has anyone looked at the clutch peddle on the Emira? The show one at B&C was an auto! Not helpful for the clubfooted, barefooted, summer loving drivers!

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As threatened, here's a new one about barefoot driving. Probably less controversial than the 'somewhat controversial' thread.

When I got my Evora in the wet and windy November of 2012, my feet were covered with my universal brown shoes that I wear for everything! Muddy dog walks, karting, and even a bit of rock climbing.
Driving was nice, it was comfortable, life was good. I didn't know that not too far down the road I'd be wearing a heel shaped hole in the mat!!!
Anyway, summer turned up, and the flip flops went on. Now, anyone driving in flip flops is trying to kill themselves. My late teens saw me water skiing a lot, and as I helped at the lake, I often drove the boats, refueled them, towed them etc, so being around water etc, my feet were often stark naked, no universal brown shoes in sight! Driving barefoot became the norm.
So, naturally, when the weather allowed, my shoes and socks were discarded and it was time for some Lotus tootsie!
OMG, the clutch peddle on the Evora is like a cheese grater! I had to cover it with hockey tape (for those that don't know, ice hockey sticks require a fabric tape for grip on the blade and handle (according to my son), and this tape can be used for ANYTHING). It felt easier on my soft, pure, foot skin.
Anyway, after years my left foot has grown an extra inch of dead skin, which helps a bunch.

Question is: has anyone looked at the clutch peddle on the Emira? The show one at B&C was an auto! Not helpful for the clubfooted, barefooted, summer loving drivers!
And that's why you should buy Auto!! 🤣😂🤪😜

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Barefoot driving is ace.
The pedals in the UK demo car were smooth aluminium, right? Stands to reason they'd finish a third pedal the same way, surely.