• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Bad quality of 2.0 Emira

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ever since many Emira enthusiasts took delivery of their cars, everyone has been discussing and sharing issues in the group. Here are the problems I have currently collected, which have affected the normal driving and usage of both the 3.5 and 2.0 models of this car!
  1. Electronic handbrake malfunction
  2. Engine light constantly on, speed limited to 160 km/h
  3. Turn signal or tail light not working, with a notification on the screen
  4. Urgent engine maintenance required message displayed on the screen
  5. Unable to open the trunk
P.S. One interesting thing is that when an alarm message appears on the screen, the confirmation box below actually displays "正常" (meaning "normal" in Chinese). The English version of the information prompt shows "OK." They translated it into Chinese as "正常," which seems to suggest subtly that these issues occurring with the car are considered "normal."

Attachments

• EMIRA故障1.jpg
    EMIRA故障1.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Emira故障2.jpg
    Emira故障2.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Emira故障3.jpg
    Emira故障3.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 89

0pirates0

Reaction score
Attached by the shortest driving time between delivery of a BRAND NEW emira and the mechanics. Locked front wheels by no reason+ failed gas pump + unable to pump in gas, all happened at the time you turn it on.

Attachments

• 8c1bc2fce177f144c9dd69668239e4bc.mp4
    13.3 MB

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Attached by the shortest driving time between delivery of a BRAND NEW emira and the mechanics. Locked front wheels by no reason+ failed gas pump + unable to pump in gas, all happened at the time you turn it on.
Bonus customer service points for the staff just cheerily waving them out the door, despite the front wheels not rotating...

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They likely washed the car and drove it into the showroom whilst the brake calipers and pads were still wet. Moisture causes the brake pads to grab against the disc. In extreme cases they sieze.

In this case I wouldn't think this is an issue. The front wheels did rotate almost immediately once the tyres had some grip on the tarmac compared to the smooth tiles.

After washing my car, I always drive it to heat up the brakes/pads so that this doesn't happen.

0pirates0

Reaction score
They likely washed the car and drove it into the showroom whilst the brake calipers and pads were still wet. Moisture causes the brake pads to grab against the disc. In extreme cases they sieze.

In this case I wouldn't think this is an issue. The front wheels did rotate almost immediately once the tyres had some grip on the tarmac compared to the smooth tiles.

After washing my car, I always drive it to heat up the brakes/pads so that this doesn't happen.
at the moment the mechanics figured out the locked wheels due to smooth floor, arranged exchanging fan controlling module which is not working, and plan to work on the failed gas pump tomorrow. I have to say the service is Great.
But all these problems took place on a BRAND NEW EMIRA o_O

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
at the moment the mechanics figured out the locked wheels due to smooth floor, arranged exchanging fan controlling module which is not working, and plan to work on the failed gas pump tomorrow. I have to say the service is Great.
Where are you taking delivery? Your username says in Canada.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Makes you wonder how some of these things aren’t caught during PDI

Chobfreak

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seems like new Porsches aren't without problems either. 2 GT3s, both with severe problems that prevent the cars from driving.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The listed issues aren't i4 specific: they can happen on the v6. So, no new news, which, from a new engine perspective, sounds good? Once we start seeing engines blowing up, engine bays melting, or turbines falling off, only then do we need to worry in an i4 specific way.