Are there a lot for sale in UK / Europe?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello

Are there are a lot of Emiras for sale in UK / Europe?
Is this an indicator that a lot of people are dissapointed in it?

Thanks

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes there are a lot for sale, for example 46 Emiras on Autotrader in UK, compared to 22 used Evoras.

Is this an indicator that a lot of people are disappointed? Not necessarily, the market for expensive sportscars (often second cars) has contracted a lot over the last 6 months due to pressures of rising cost of living and finance rates.

A percentage were bought by flippers trying to make a quick turn and now baling out (I've tracked a couple of examples unsold for 6 months that have gone from 15k over list initially to 10k under list now). Plus Lotus have put several cancelled orders onto the market via dealers and direct.

Yes, some are people disappointed with the car or the initial teething issues, but I don't think that's the primary factor.

There are also 73 McLaren 570s and 79 2022-23 Caymans listed too, so it's not just a Lotus problem.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello

Are there are a lot of Emiras for sale in UK / Europe?
Is this an indicator that a lot of people are dissapointed in it?

Thanks
Additionally to the UK, for Continental Europe (Autoscout24.de) there are 85 Emira's offered compared to 38 Evora's.......making a total of 131 Emira's and 60 Evora's for UK plus the Continent.......

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Additionally to the UK, for Continental Europe (Autoscout24.de) there are 85 Emira's offered compared to 38 Evora's.......making a total of 131 Emira's and 60 Evora's for UK plus the Continent.......
85 Emira's on re-sale in Europe? That's more than Canada's entire F/E V1 allocation (70).... Mind you Europe is 10X the population, but still seems like a lot more than I expected for some reason.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In the meantime a total of already 147 Emira's ( 16 plus !) and only 57 Evora's ( 3 minus !) for sale in the UK plus the Continent.........

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

1. Many of those are canceled orders after people made second deposits.
Apparently (in Europe), people can cancel their orders and get full refunds by law. However in North America we will lose our second deposit if canceled.

2. Flippers in the North America most likely have canceled their orders watching the European market. Costs of living and interest rates aren't helping the flipping market. If there is a quick flipper reading this, just save the wait in line for someone who actually wants to use the car bro.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
high interest + long wait times = waning prospect buyers = ditched built cars. The car market will be a lot stronger in the US. You still can't get any enthusiastic car without paying a markup with record low inventory.