❔ QUESTION Anyone noticed the weird engine map

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So now the car is broken in I’ve noticed that the car gets to about 6k rpm and pulls hard. I’m not sure if that’s VVT giving it that extra shove buts it’s over all too quickly and then hits the limiter like a brick wall. It feels like the engine has way more too give like an extra 1000rpm of surge we’re missing out on. Wondering if it’s just me

OP
JasonR

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The low end hole seems like it would be throttle mapping, didn’t notice it much during test drive.

The top end running harder is just speed, noise and vibration in combination with the lowered redline due to emissions making it obvious the engine can run longer. When you look at that dyno, the power curve is just chopped off, no leveling off whatsoever.

VVTI isn’t supposed to be noticeable either, it’s not like early VTEC in Hondas with an abrupt torque curve change.
Feel free to come have a drive in mine. I can assure you it’s not just vibration and noise 😅

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Feel free to come have a drive in mine. I can assure you it’s not just vibration and noise 😅
Oh I believe you, I didn't even really get to wring out the Emira on my test drive. Every achieved performance metric shows the Emira lacking in this regard too. I really don't know what's up.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I definitely can feel that effect, too. As if you get an extra 30 hp at 6k rpm which instantly catapults you into the limiter.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Raising the rev limit via a reflash is probably all this car needs to make the top end much more satisfying.

It will probably also completely transform it in the eyes of the bench racing "paper performance" people. Moving the limiter to 7500 alone will probably bump the numbers to at least 416hp.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Raising the rev limit via a reflash is probably all this car needs to make the top end much more satisfying.

It will probably also completely transform it in the eyes of the bench racing "paper performance" people. Moving the limiter to 7500 alone will probably bump the numbers to at least 416hp.

Curious which 2GR-FEs under Lotus went to 7500rpm with stock internals and head? Are we all looking to void our warranties that quickly to be satisfied with the number of issues we’ve seen so far?