Anyone managed to attach a Keyring?

MIGZ

Emira Fan
Reaction score
im sure someone will come out with another housing to place the internals in, ebay is covered in them for other cars

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I didn’t want any scratches on my key fob so I bought this. Fit is quite snug . Until I see a better option I’ll use this for now

I have bought something very similar but without the window. I know the order of the three buttons and just squeeze in the right place. I also have a double decker version which can take the tracker tag in one side and the key in the other. It’s a bit bulkier than the single one to put in your pocket so I don’t use it for the Emira but works fine with my motorbike keys where I just stuff it in my bike jacket pocket.

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I didn’t want any scratches on my key fob so I bought this. Fit is quite snug . Until I see a better option I’ll use this for now

Don't quite understand why you'd want to cover it up? - you'll always have the scratch free spare.

I have a friend who every time he gets a new car - he takes the original mats out - and then puts some cheap rubber ones in, so he doesn't damage the original ones.

The he puts them back in when he's selling it.

That doesn't make any sense to me - he's keeping his mats perfect for the next owner and having crappy ones for himself, even though it's him who paid for them in the first place! 😂

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Don't quite understand why you'd want to cover it up? - you'll always have the scratch free spare.

I have a friend who every time he gets a new car - he takes the original mats out - and then puts some cheap rubber ones in, so he doesn't damage the original ones.

The he puts them back in when he's selling it.

That doesn't make any sense to me - he's keeping his mats perfect for the next owner and having crappy ones for himself, even though it's him who paid for them in the first place! 😂

Yup it's like PPF, you make your car look less good to give a better car to the next owner. I heard an example being like dating virgin super model but not sleeping with her to keep her perfect for her the next guy.

Jean Huppert

Reaction score
My solution, with the help of aliexpress :
IMG_9998.jpg

Notice the tiny screw to open it ...

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On a car so otherwise well-designed, the key with no hole is a baffling miss.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i feel like exotic cars with unaccommodating key fobs is a common thing.

i wonder if they picture their customers keeping it in their display case of key fobs for their fleet of nice cars. not carry it with them everywhere

the emira is supposed to be more of a daily car tho so not a good fit for this one

MIGZ

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone opened one of these , I’m sure the electronics are small and a could be place in another case

99Problems

Reaction score
Has anyone found something like the above Witham Cars Diary key fob cover? Doing the conversion, at 22,000 Yen, that's $150 US for a key fob cover... that seems a little bit crazy.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has anyone found something like the above Witham Cars Diary key fob cover? Doing the conversion, at 22,000 Yen, that's $150 US for a key fob cover... that seems a little bit crazy.
It looks very nice but that's a pretty crazy price.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It looks very nice but that's a pretty crazy price.
That's the price for two pieces.

[edit] oops. this looks like the price for one piece. I was thinking about a different vendor.

Last edited:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting this from Taobao, ends up being about $10 each. It's not the best quality but should be good enough for me. it says it's genuine leather, but I have my doubts.

Screenshot 2024-01-16 162244.png

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In that case it's merely expensive.
My bad. I was thinking about a different vendor. The cover discussed above looks like it is 22,000 JPY per piece ! The ones I had made were 7,700 JPY per piece.

these are mine ==> https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/japan-emira-ownership-エミーラ納車とその後.3450/post-111710

The only drawback is that you have to lend them a key fob while they make it.