Anyone managed to attach a Keyring?

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's a rally car with a 10 year warranty. Get in and drive it hard. No talk of water ingress and bad rubber seals 😘😄
Why I love it

Getting very off topic but mine had MAJOR water ingress due to missing chassis plugs, either weren't put in or bad design as many others have noticed them missing or dislodged but none with as bad water as me. Needed to replace the carpets and underlay and cost me £1300 for the trouble at less than 6 months old! They wouldn't warranty repair it as it was somehow my fault the plug was missing despite several other reports of the same issue so even added £8 for the plug that should have been there in the first place! But they did run an air freshener through it for free... :rolleyes:

Edit: Back on topic, it did come with a keyring at least so really disappointing nothing more than a zip tie from Lotus on a car costing over double.

Steve O

Reaction score
Or a £20 Lotus keyring
IMG_2012.jpeg

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My car was delivered with 2 keys, cable tied together. I’ve asked Lotus twice if they would kindly send me a keyring that will fit the key.

Has anyone managed to attach a keyring? If so, what?
Thanks
You have mistaken an Aero vent for another purpose.
This venting is a design feature to enhance operating performance.
Any alterations may void the factory warranty.
Proceed with caution.

OP
M

Markc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
you could try a designer metal halyard design...

Went to buy one of these direct (half price!) couldn’t bring myself to do it as they wanted £10 for postage

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As I'm not fond of a thin piece of string holding the car key to everything else, I started investigating alternatives to a lanyard-style key holder.

Here's what I did...

I installed two small interconnected metal rings to the car key to securely link the tracker fob with the key fob (see photo below). You'll need a very small pair of rings for the car key and carefully install them (I used some small pliers) to avoid scratching up the key during installation. Once installed, you can easily attach a bigger key ring or other house/car keys via the usual method.

To prevent scratches, I store the car key and tracker fob in a velvet-lined leather business card holder. It fits nicely in a pocket, prevents everything from getting scratched up and actually looks and feels quite premium.

I'm currently looking for a quality RFID-proof key holder to block any accidental button presses as a future upgrade. Ideas for this are welcome!

key-holder.jpg

Note to Lotus - Please release some factory accessories for the Emira key! This is the only time in my history of owning cars that I've had to worry about how to attach a car key to a key ring!

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As I'm not fond of a thin piece of string holding the car key to everything else, I started investigating alternatives to a lanyard-style key holder.

Here's what I did...

I installed two small interconnected metal rings to the car key to securely link the tracker fob with the key fob (see photo below). You'll need a very small pair of rings for the car key and carefully install them (I used some small pliers) to avoid scratching up the key during installation. Once installed, you can easily attach a bigger key ring or other house/car keys via the usual method.

To prevent scratches, I store the car key and tracker fob in a velvet-lined leather business card holder. It fits nicely in a pocket, prevents everything from getting scratched up and actually looks and feels quite premium.

I'm currently looking for a quality RFID-proof key holder to block any accidental button presses as a future upgrade. Ideas for this are welcome!

View attachment 26292

Note to Lotus - Please release some factory accessories for the Emira key! This is the only time in my history of owning cars that I've had to worry about how to attach a car key to a key ring!
Don’t you have the phone-tag option for the tracker in Oz?
Works completely seamlessly for me.
No need to worry about where to put the physical tag and you’re also partially defeating the object of the tag if you attach it to the key.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Don’t you have the phone-tag option for the tracker in Oz?
Works completely seamlessly for me.
No need to worry about where to put the physical tag and you’re also partially defeating the object of the tag if you attach it to the key.
Yes the phone tag option is available and works down under, I just haven’t activated it yet. Good point regarding the physical tag but that’s just not practical to keep them separate… phone tag is likely the better option from a security standpoint.

Reactions: KJD

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My car was delivered with 2 keys, cable tied together. I’ve asked Lotus twice if they would kindly send me a keyring that will fit the key.

Has anyone managed to attach a keyring? If so, what?
Thanks
Kind of

Attachments

• IMG_3736.jpeg
    IMG_3736.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 155

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
To be fair the Yaris was in the list a year or so ago. Except it’s Japanese (don’t ask) and has fake engine noise.
If you ever drove one you won’t care about the piped engine noise ! They are epic

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've got used to carrying around a pair of "readers" on my keyring, so they are always with me (I only need them for reading which means I leave my normal glasses behind regularly):
thinoptic-keyfob-1.jpg

This means I've needed to resolve the "how to connect this to the keyfob conundrum! I came up with this:

619tKceYAiL._AC_UX679_.jpg

Unfortunately I had to buy 30 of the things. They seem well made and work perfectly, but not sure what to do with the rest!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've got used to carrying around a pair of "readers" on my keyring, so they are always with me (I only need them for reading which means I leave my normal glasses behind regularly):
View attachment 28370
This means I've needed to resolve the "how to connect this to the keyfob conundrum! I came up with this:

View attachment 28371

Unfortunately I had to buy 30 of the things. They seem well made and work perfectly, but not sure what to do with the rest!
You can list them on Marketplace on here. Lotus would probably charge £29.99 for one, so anything less will seem like a bargain!

• Haha
Reactions: ADC

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 28370

View attachment 28371

I used the exact same thing - that I got “free” from Lotus with my Scorpion tracker fobs…

AzK

Reaction score
I didn’t want any scratches on my key fob so I bought this. Fit is quite snug . Until I see a better option I’ll use this for now

Attachments

• 37C95295-E05D-4CB5-AF27-AC2E4C87C7A0.png
    37C95295-E05D-4CB5-AF27-AC2E4C87C7A0.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 50
Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts