Anyone in US have a delivery date yet?

Ronin

Reaction score
I think this is delivery process from Lotus is going to be like Tesla's Model 3 roll out. I put my deposit in for a Model 3 on April 2, 2016. I did not get the car until 30 months and a day after putting in my deposit. The wait was brutal and I thought about canceling multiple times.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think this is delivery process from Lotus is going to be like Tesla's Model 3 roll out. I put my deposit in for a Model 3 on April 2, 2016. I did not get the car until 30 months and a day after putting in my deposit. The wait was brutal and I thought about canceling multiple times.

My first Model 3 took 2 years to the day of reservation. My Cybertrucks are um, TBD. I’ve been told December / January for Emira which would mean 17 months which would be downright speedy in comparison.

TheMotizzle

Reaction score
If your number is over 200 @ Galpin it’s likely your looking at a 2024 delivery unless there’s some miracle and Lotus increases production and allocations.
Yeah exactly. They said 2 years which is perfect for my timeline.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Deposit in September 2021, didn't make FE allocation. Dealer told me they are waiting on the non-FE allocations to be announced, which is going to be early Q4 this year. Dealer has indicated I am likely in that allocation. If all goes well, I will have an order in, and maybe delivery by June/July of 2023?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I expect your first chance to see cars will be LOG41 in September, shortly followed by demo cars arriving at dealers. LHD demo cars are in production at Hethel this week.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just a thought.... Do you think Lotus will prioritize US/CAN vehicles because of the current currency exchange rate situation? I mean the USD against both the Euro and GBP is at the highest point in 30 years. Financially would make absolute sense to collect that USD at the moment.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When I last inquired, instead of being given a month, I was given an estimate in the form of "expect X-Y months for the car to arrive" which by my calculation puts mine in the Dec/Jan timefream... at that point, I'd prefer it wait until April, like others.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was an April spec order and the dealer told me 6 months to build. Original schedule was March orders would be delivered in Sept-Oct, April orders Nov-Dec, etc...

Spoke to my dealer and for BASE I was told Q3 Q4 2023 and into 2024. I am now hoping for Spring 2024.

He did say what I suspected, he will have a lot more information once deliveries start and the assembly line gets moving. Lotus then should be able to supply him with more information/dates.

Gonna take Jedi Knight skills to get through this wait.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I got a call from Lotus today wanting to know how I liked my Evora GT and how I liked my dealership experience after owning the car for a year. Thought that was pretty nice that they were interested.
I then asked when she thought first delivery of US Emira would be was told she was not sure but if I was told September build (which I am) then probably by December but would likely depend on the spec I did depending on what parts were still needed for my spec.
So who knows if that is the truth. We shall see.
For me I will just be happy when I’m able to get the car

haaaake

Reaction score
I was told Nov/Dec 2022, I put in my deposit just a few days after it was announced. Fully expect early or mid 2023 though with what we are hearing from people in the UK though.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Deposit in September 2021, didn't make FE allocation. Dealer told me they are waiting on the non-FE allocations to be announced, which is going to be early Q4 this year. Dealer has indicated I am likely in that allocation. If all goes well, I will have an order in, and maybe delivery by June/July of 2023?
My deposit was made in July of '21 and I too missed out on the FE. I'm also being told by my dealer that the next batch of configs *should* be ready to be placed into the ordering queue in Sept/Oct and I am "likely" in that batch. IF true, this would probably put my handover somewhere around the two year mark from order to delivery (July of '23??)... I guess I can live with that.

I'll believe it when I see it as it would appear that, to date, none of these Lotus milestones appear to be on schedule.