Anyone from the states want to make a trip to Hethel?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I would very seriously consider making the trip from California. Can anyone share details about scheduling a factory tour and registering the driving academy? Would be happy to do it before or after the FOS. Cheap airfare latelty from LAX to Heathrow. How long of a drive from Heathrow? Or is it better to try to land closer?
Heathrow or Gatwick probably as good as it gets Transatlantic. Stanstead if an option

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I would very seriously consider making the trip from California. Can anyone share details about scheduling a factory tour and registering the driving academy? Would be happy to do it before or after the FOS. Cheap airfare latelty from LAX to Heathrow. How long of a drive from Heathrow? Or is it better to try to land closer?
Bookings for tours and academy are via the Lotus UK website. Academy dates will be published later this month for June onwards.

Heathrow to Hethel is about 2.5 hours. Gatwick is longer, Stansted shorter.

Last edited:

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Goodwood Festival of Speed is end June, think there are still some tickets available. I’ll be there with my Emira.
Planning on going on the Sunday (26th). Are you going to be parked up at the Lotus stand?

Goodwood FoS and SIlverstone Classic (The Classic) are two of the must-do events if you are a petrolhead.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Planning on going on the Sunday (26th). Are you going to be parked up at the Lotus stand?

No, I’ll be slumming it in Performance Parking - the northern one. If the Emira hasn’t arrived I’ll take the Exige.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ello, I have decided to not do my beach vacation and go to Hethel. (time permitting) to view a tour. If marketing wont come to me, ill go to them! Would be cool to be able to coordinate it so that my FE is being built while I am there.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
For those who want to get to Hethel will less hassle, I would opt for KLM flight to Amsterdam and then take the 40 min flight to Norwich. Stay in Norwich, the factory is only about 25 min drive from Norwich city centre

Lotus have another factory at Norwich airport industrial park, where the body work is made, and possibly painted. Its a new facility