After reviews are you considering daily driving the Emira?

Has your mind changed about daily driving?

• Was going to daily drive, now just weekend/track car.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Changing from weekend/track car to daily driving too.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
When I go back and watch all of Lotus's videos they keep talking about daily driving the Emira. It seems as though they really want to see these cars on the road and not just on weekends and on tracks. I am wondering if after the reviews if people are considering daily driving their Emira or at least daily driving a couple of days.

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mine is living outside in the elements and will be used everyday like the car was built for. None of this sitting under a cover for special days as it’s just not special enough for that.
100%
Will do at least 15k miles a year and will be out on show all year round.
Cars are for driving and to be enjoyed, that’s why we work hard in life 👌🏽

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I am contemplating putting my V6 FE deposit back for an i4 Base and running as a daily. Money saved can go towards something more exciting for the weekend

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus have to be wary of that becoming very popular, not that they will be overly worried.

Seems like a few of us will get the current plate - everyone else the next plate.
Not sure how I feel about that now.
I know I don;t want to wait and even waiting 1 week might be too much for me once I have actually got my hands on it.

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Interesting poll. I forgot which car executive said this but in order to grow a small brand people need to see cars on the road. When they see cars on the road, they go to the Lotus dealership.

This poll has 10 votes of people who may consider daily driving and 7 votes for people who are more excited to daily drive. To me the big factor in all of this is how many people will buy this car and daily drive.

Therefore assuming the members in this forum are mainly "strict" enthusiasts meaning they know exactly how they want to use a car the fact that some may modify their use based on what they have seen in reviews speaks well for what Lotus has accomplished. This means that regular folks looking for a sports car should find the Emira appealing.

I know it's a small data set but it seems to be going in the right direction. I want strong sales and I want Emira variants and last but not least I want aftermarket parts and accessories.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I work from home so my daily driver now is basically a weekend car. I don't know when I'll get to drive the Emira.. I suppose nice weekends, track days, and car events. 🙃

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Weekend mostly, with the odd nice day commute in it across Highland Scottish roads!

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am contemplating putting my V6 FE deposit back for an i4 Base and running as a daily. Money saved can go towards something more exciting for the weekend
That will be exciting for the weekend. At least compared to my usual day release programme

ADC

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I work from home so my daily driver now is basically a weekend car. I don't know when I'll get to drive the Emira.. I suppose nice weekends, track days, and car events. 🙃
I'm basically just going to go to the office once or twice a week mostly so that I can drive this (and have the younger engineers roll their eyes at the clearly-overcompensating MLC-sufferer... but still be secretly super jealous 😁)

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Daily in the summers... wouldn't dare let an Emira see salty winters (not to mention clearance)