• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION ACF-50?

MikeR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone have experience of using ACF-50 (anti corrosion formula) from Lear Chemical Research Corporation to prevent surface corrosion of untreated aluminium engine components on the V6 engine?

Seems to be a favourite in biker communities.

IMG_2289.jpeg

I have a can and it instantly neutralized the aluminum "chalk" on my supercharger housing and other engine components.

FYI it does leave a slightly golden color on the aluminum where the corrosion was neutralized. It doesn't look bad at all, just something to be aware of.

I purchased this for some chipped powder coated railing at the recommendation of @Porter… the stuff stays lubricated with a layer that has lasted through a few pelting rain storms and sun since applied. It doesn’t look like it’s easily worn off, and appears to be one of those top notch products you don’t find very often nowadays. Safe for electronics is a plus too, so I’ll be applying to automotive as well as other things in the near future.

Any application tips? Just spray directly a few inches away? Wipe after?
Shake the can very well, and you can either spray directly on or use some type of applicator. A little goes a long way though, it really spreads. Wipes up easily though, and should be safe on all kinds of rubber, silicone, wiring, etc. Don't get it on your paint, just to be safe.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back