• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Accident in Emira

n4s

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I got into an accident in the Emira a couple days ago. It was a minor accident, but the front bumper and impact absorber needs to be replaced. I went to a bodyshop and they have been having a lot of issues just figuring out the part numbers, let alone determining how long it would take for the parts to get here. (this is in California). Do you guys know how I can find the part numbers and know of any place where I can source the OEM parts? Thanks!

I got into an accident in the Emira a couple days ago. It was a minor accident, but the front bumper and impact absorber needs to be replaced. I went to a bodyshop and they have been having a lot of issues just figuring out the part numbers, let alone determining how long it would take for the parts to get here. (this is in California). Do you guys know how I can find the part numbers and know of any place where I can source the OEM parts? Thanks!
Is there no way it can be repaired?

In the UK a friend had his very damaged Maclaren bumper fixed and it looked brand new. Just a thought if there is a big wait to get a new one. Sorry to hear your bad news though.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 18.19.47.png

Very sorry to hear about your accident. With Emira's being so new to North America, it's not surprising that auto body shops aren't ready for them. That said, I'd suggest trying to find a body shop in your area that's familiar with the Lotus brand (past Lotus vehicles) since I expect they'd have a head start on figuring all this out, based upon what they did for past Lotus repairs.

The Emira has been around for awhile in the UK and I know that Bell and Colville [https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk] is a reputable business that looks after Lotus, including their repairs. If all else fails (?), have your auto body shop contact them??

Or perhaps contacting Lotus directly to see if they can provide part numbers, etc. (?).

Hopefully someone more "in the know" will provide you with easier solutions. Good luck and here's wishing your Emira speedy repairs so it's soon back on the road looking pristine!

Reactions: n4s
Is there no way it can be repaired?

In the UK a friend had his very damaged Maclaren bumper fixed and it looked brand new. Just a thought if there is a big wait to get a new one. Sorry to hear your bad news though.
It can probably be repaired, but I really want OEM parts. Also not sure how the absorber can be repaired.

Just a heads up on ordering parts. If looking up yourself highly recommend getting numbers list and emailing to local dealer parts manager to look up. Also US dealers have access to US and UK in stock quantities so might say 0 US but could be 50 in UK. So if says backorder or no stock in US you know good chance won't be 6 months to reach Michigan warehouse. Lotus US for years done a terrible job keeping things in stock (when many available in UK).

Lastly if get into a emergency situation of needing a part call Lotuspartsonline (Auto Europe) as 20 min from warehouse can pick up in person and expedite same day in some cases.

It can probably be repaired, but I really want OEM parts. Also not sure how the absorber can be repaired.

It might be in your best interest and also more convenient to try and have it repaired.

When someone backed into my M3 I was told by the shop fixing it that they COULD replace with an OEM bumper, but then the original VIN sticker on the bumper would be sacrificed for the replacement, and it would devalue the car. The guy was super honest and urged me to just have them fix it for less. He could have just done what I expected and replaced the bumper, but he didn’t.

They plastic welded it and it came out flawless… I was very impressed. The repair was done out of pocket as a less expensive option than reporting it to my insurance where it would have cost 3-4 times as much to replace fully, and I would also have a claim reported that could bump up my premiums.

Thanks for everyone's response on this, its super helpful. I'll send the part numbers to the shop and try to find out from the shops referenced in this thread if the parts are available. If it takes too long to get the parts, I might need to go with the alternate route, or find a temporary solution.

Does anyone know the part number for the side air intake on the i4?

... the difference to the V6 is that the air intake now has a grille so that, for example, no leaves can get into the intake tract from the air filter...

The answer from Lotus about the numbers takes two months now.....

Does anyone know the part number for the side air intake on the i4?

... the difference to the V6 is that the air intake now has a grille so that, for example, no leaves can get into the intake tract from the air filter...
Part numbers for i4 are tricky to find at the moment. It won’t be long though before they are properly published.

One of the cars in my garage is a Polestar 2 and someone backed into the side of it in a grocery store parking lot, so it was covered by the other driver's insurance. The car had been available in the US for less than a year at that point. No body shop recommended by their insurer could handle it because Polestar wasn't in their system yet, so they couldn't write up estimates. The insurance company conceded and I got it repaired at the local Polestar dealership, but even that took a few weeks as it took a while to get some of the door body parts in.

Just a heads up on ordering parts. If looking up yourself highly recommend getting numbers list and emailing to local dealer parts manager to look up. Also US dealers have access to US and UK in stock quantities so might say 0 US but could be 50 in UK. So if says backorder or no stock in US you know good chance won't be 6 months to reach Michigan warehouse. Lotus US for years done a terrible job keeping things in stock (when many available in UK).

Lastly if get into a emergency situation of needing a part call Lotuspartsonline (Auto Europe) as 20 min from warehouse can pick up in person and expedite same day in some cases.
? Wow. Sorry, but I'm finding it really difficult to decipher your post.