CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can anyone explain why Lotus would release times such as the below:

0 to 60 4.3

0 to 100kmh 4.3 manual and 4.2 Auto

Surely if 0 to 100kmh is 4.2, then 0 to 60 is 4 secs

We’re talking tiny differences I know, But just wondering why the numbers don’t tally up

Hi Guys

0 to 60 4.3

We’re talking tiny differences I know, But just wondering why the numbers don’t tally up
Remember these numbers are conservative on the right day in the right conditions I bet you can get under 4 seconds 0-60mph.

Hi Guys

0 to 60 4.3

60 mph is only 96.567kph.

Lotus hasn't been very definitive about performance numbers, probably because they're still working on it, but the original release info was under 4.5s for the "lightest configuration" which they gave as 1405 kg (3097 lbs). Then that changed to under 4.3s. We're guessing the lightest configuration would be a base i4, but Lotus didn't actually say what it is as far as I know. If it is an i4, then that's with the DCT.

However so far Lotus is saying the i4 is going to have 360 hp, and the V6 will have 400 hp (though Matt Windle said in a video interview that the V6 will have 416 hp). The V6 is slightly heavier than the i4, and can have either a manual or auto, but will have more power. We don't really know what the performance numbers for the V6 FE are going to be yet. Lotus appears to be deliberately leaving that somewhat vague at this time.

Right now it's anybody's guess, but figure 0-60 mph for the V6 FE somewhere around 4.5s give or take a few tenths.

I understand they are not confirmed, but my point is how can they say 4.3sec for 60,

then say the auto it will do 62 mph in 4.2. Which is what they’re saying if they’re quoting a 0 to 100 km an hour time

The numbers don’t add up

Agree with you.

Lotus have more recently published 0-100km/h in 4.3s (0-62mph) for the V6 manual. For the auto that's 4.2s to 100km/h.

For the i4 their website currently states 0-100km/h in 4.2s. All numbers are asterisked with "Target performance".

I would therefore imagine that 0-60mph times would be 4.1/4.0 or thereabouts respectively. Any publication stating 0-60mph being 4.3s is wrong. That is meant to be 0-62mph.

The auto they're referring to is probably the i4 with DCT, even though the V6 has an auto as an option. The V6 auto is not a DCT.

The 4.3 probably refers to the V6. This is what I was saying that Lotus seems to have deliberately kept this somewhat vague.

They seem to be stating the V6 auto will do 0 to 100 kmh in 4.2

Attachments

• 402944C3-5E2E-42A5-B077-6C5F1D41F529.png
    402944C3-5E2E-42A5-B077-6C5F1D41F529.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 41
Yep that’s what they are saying. For me don’t care if it does it in 3.5 sec. Most cars don’t ever achieve those numbers unless conditions are perfect. Also the only manufacturer that always under quotes are Porsche and hence deliver claims.

That's the problem. 0-60 mph isn't the same as 0-100 km/h. 0-100 km/h converts to 0-62.14 mph. This is why I said it's vague. And as has already been pointed out, these numbers are target numbers, not final tested numbers.

We're just going to have to wait until finalized production cars are tested to get the real numbers.

For me the more important question will be how long it will take for 100-200 kph. This is usually a measure of the real performance of the car in Germany.

0-100 kph is usually more or less limited to the traction you can generate, very dependent on road conditions and weather.

For example, if it takes roundabout 10s for 100-200 kph for the Emira V6 manual this would be satisfying as it was comparable to BMW M2C times. I already managed to get a 10,2s for my mildly modified BMW M2 with N55 (HJS cat and upgraded intercooler). A friend of mine with his stock Audi TT RS (2017 modell) does it in 9,4-9,5s.

Are there comparable measurments available from an Evora 410/GT410? That would be very helpful to get an idea where these times will be for the Emira.

Last edited:
if we compare against the Evora 400, which does 60 in 4.1. I am hoping Even with slightly more weight, the extra 20 NM torque should get it to 60 in 4.0

For me the more important question will be how long it will take for 100-200 kph. This is usually a measure of the real performance of the car.

0-100 kph is usually more or less limited to the traction you can generate, very dependent on road conditions and weather.

For example, if it takes roundabout 10s for 100-200 kph for the Emira V6 manual this would be satisfying as it was comparable to BMW M2C times. I already managed to get a 10,2s for my mildly modified BMW M2 with N55 (HJS cat and upgraded intercooler). A friend of mine with his stock Audi TT RS (2017 modell) does it in 9,4-9,5s.

Are there comparable measurments available from an Evora 410/GT410? That would be very helpful to get an idea where these times will be for the Emira.
It's alright for some, but I can tell you that I'm going to perform 0-100 a lot more often than 100-200 :LOL:

If I was to partially agree with you, and align with the whole traction argument, I'd say 30mph to 70mph (honest, officer!) might be more relevant in measuring how good a car is in everyday "point and squirt" performance and drivability.

It's alright for some, but I can tell you that I'm going to perform 0-100 a lot more often than 100-200 :LOL:

If I was to partially agree with you, and align with the whole traction argument, I'd say 30mph to 70mph (honest, officer!) might be more relevant in measuring how good a car is in everyday "point and squirt" performance and drivability.
You're absolutely right here! :giggle:

I should have added that's this is a quite common measurement done on the german Autobahn where you (still) don't have a speed limit. So, that's a rather german way of comparing cars to each other I suppose. Sorry, didn't make my mind about this beeing an issue in other countries...

Edited my initial post on this topic.

Hi Guys

0 to 60 4.3

I think it's just laziness on the part of the Lotus website. If you switch locale from a country that uses mph to one using kmh the declared acceleration ranges change but not the time. So 0-60mph and 0-100kmh are both shown as 4.2s for the V6 manual.

If you only care about 0-60 you buy a Tesla….
I’m more interested to understand how the overall handling package compares to much more modern solutions in German & Italian marques.

if we compare against the Evora 400, which does 60 in 4.1. I am hoping Even with slightly more weight, the extra 20 NM torque should get it to 60 in 4.0
more weight can sometimes equal faster 0-60 if it aids notably in traction. this is why 0-60 times are stupid. flying turd EV's get great acceleration numbers, but are 30-40 mph slower at top speed.

Personally I less believe that it's just laziness on the part of the Lotus website.
This acceleration aspect is among others a too important figure for most Lotus (potential)owners and also for the Emira's performance sheet..
I more believe that they could expect the acceleration for the Emira V6 to be some slower as the lighter weighing Evora GT 410 Sport, but they did their best to get it at least equally to the latest Evora GT 410 series.
I think up till today they did not succeed, probably that's why they kept quiet about the definitive Emira V6 acceleration figures and also because the I4 figures are a potential threat for the higher priced V6.

Conform the Lotus brochure "EVORA / GBR MAY19 / LOTVS05498" the Evora GT 410 Sport (410 hp / 416 PS / 410 Nm at 3000-7000rpm) acceleration figures are:
- Manual............ 0-60 mph 4,0 seconds..........0-100 kmh 4,2 seconds
- Automatic..... 0-60 mph 3,9 seconds..........0-100 kmh 4,1 seconds

Last edited: