• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

A View on Quality and Specification

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Whoa, really? That's incredible if true. I wish they had said that from the beginning. If so we wouldn't have given them such a hard time about the (very obviously not great) seat mules in the dynamic prototype.
Mate I wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t 100% from the head of Lotus Cars Australia whom only was there 4 weeks ago. I believe so much in what Lotus are doing I have placed a sight unseen deposit in the new type 132 as well.

Yes they have provided zero info which is not how I would run my business at all. But have faith in the product as that’s where all the money has been spent.

OP
roundincircles

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
T

I know for 100% the seats are brought in finished. They are supplied from the same manufacturer whom supplies the Ferrari seats. They have had 7 differing iterations but the final seat is settled upon and has only/will only be installed in final production cars. Have faith they will be

Following the commencement of production the seats were being upholstered on site. Everything can change.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
T

I know for 100% the seats are brought in finished. They are supplied from the same manufacturer whom supplies the Ferrari seats. They have had 7 differing iterations but the final seat is settled upon and has only/will only be installed in final production cars. Have faith they will be brilliant….
That's great news!

One OEM manufacturer which supplies to Ferrari and also makes the seats for the Alpine is Sabelt.

If they will come from them I'd be more than happy! :)

I have driven both variants in the Alpine A110, the bucket seats and the comfort seats.

To be honest, if fit and finish is comparable to the Alpine A110 I'd be more than satisfied. If it still excels the better it gets. Let's wait and see. I'm feeling like a little child waiting for Christmas to arrive.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Following the commencement of production the seats were being upholstered on site. Everything can change.
Ok, this is also brand new info. Wow, something must have required a huge process intervention for that to have occurred. Which is great news! That tells us they are going to do anything necessary to make these right. That's a specific information signal that was sorely needed during all this time that we've been observing seating concerns.

Is anyone else sitting on key info they'd like to share? 😂

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
T

I know for 100% the seats are brought in finished. They are supplied from the same manufacturer whom supplies the Ferrari seats. They have had 7 differing iterations but the final seat is settled upon and has only/will only be installed in final production cars. Have faith they will be brilliant….
Well that sounds like very good news :) If there have been 7 different iterations hopefully they will have taken on board the many comments from tall drivers following the roadshows about the seat height - no excuses if not . I guess we should see the final seats with production car reviews in April. I can easily forgive the lack of communication if the end product is as good as we all hope.

OP
roundincircles

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok, this is also brand new info. Wow, something must have required a huge process intervention for that to have occurred. Which is great news! That tells us they are going to do anything necessary to make these right. That's a specific information signal that was sorely needed during all this time that we've been observing seating concerns.

Is anyone else sitting on key info they'd like to share? 😂
It may change as once the configuration of bolster is settled they have the option to sub contract.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
T

Are you claiming Sabelt is supplying the Emira seats? If so, will you provide a source for this?