• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Smoking Tyre podcast with Matt Windle, Russell Carr and Gavan Kershaw

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Edit: It was an older podcast I had listened. That would explain why the Emira wasn't mentioned! Haha! Whoops! I don't usually do podcasts but I had to take a 2 hour drive the other day and thought it was a great time to listen. Was shocked when they never mentioned the Emira... But it was the only one I found when I searched.

I was a little disappointed with this podcast, to be honest. I think the interview could have been a lot better. And I don't remember the Emira being mentioned at all, which was interesting since this is their last ICE.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Reaction score
I’m listening now and they are talking about the Emira. The information about the background of the engine choices is interesting

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It’s a shame the talk about Emira suspension choices was cut short, the host jumped around from topic to topic.

Sheldon

Reaction score
Yeah, the host talks about his own situation a lot which is part of the reason I stopped listening. But I found that he allows the guys at Lotus to give a solid description of the Emira’ as different suspension options.
It happens during the last 5 min of the podcast if you want to fast forward

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yeah, the host talks about his own situation a lot which is part of the reason I stopped listening. But I found that he allows the guys at Lotus to give a solid description of the Emira’ as different suspension options.
It happens during the last 5 min of the podcast if you want to fast forward
Thanks I ditched the podcast midway, will go to the end now 😀

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks I ditched the podcast midway, will go to the end now 😀
Finally, apart from Tom's comments (never doubted you Tom 😀), it's confirmed Touring suspension isn't a downgrade. Touring it is for me, I'll try to lose a few pounds of weight to reduce body roll 🤔

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Finally, apart from Tom's comments (never doubted you Tom 😀), it's confirmed Touring suspension isn't a downgrade. Touring it is for me, I'll try to lose a few pounds of weight to reduce body roll 🤔

This is where they talk about tour vs sport suspension.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Based on what Gav said, it's only a few parts inside the dampers that are different. In a previous video I thought Gav said the spring rates are different.

Two questions:
1. Are the spring rates different too?
2. If the spring rates are not different, could you just easily change out the dampers if you want to go from Tour to Sport or from Sport to Tour?

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
He also said that the spring rates are different (in that video). That’s why I think about choosing touring and get other springs to get the car a bit lower.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The differences are damper internals, spring rates, bushes and geometry set up (more aggressive camber on Sport). So yes you could convert from one to the other but you have to change all 4 to get all of it. You could do some and not all too.