• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

3rd Cat Delete

PaulMc

Reaction score
The best mod to start with by far would be exhaust manifolds. The orignals are very restrictive with manicats. The engine mechanically with variables with supercharger/cooler is the same as fitted to exige V6s and Evoras.. Manifolds usually improve the exhaust note too rather than just volume from the silencer / decat. Talk to Jim Valentine at 2ubular. He's doing some R&D on the Emira exhaust at the moment. Then theres GT4 spoiler now youre talking!

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
None at all in several months.

For anyone considering a full sports exhaust I would suggest trying a simple and relatively cheap decat with the standard silencer first. It makes a big difference to the sound and personally I certainly wouldn't want it any louder.
Did you notice any power gains? Would be interesting to see some numbers from a dyno for example! Or exist any references to Evora 400 where one can see what benefits are to be expected?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Starting to think about upgrades, as I think the car isn't far away. I'm deciding between two 3rd cat deletes, the Milltek one and the the one from inokinetic. Anyone have any preferences or are they going to have very little between them?

There will likely be a very slight sound difference between the two, because the Milltek uses a straight pipe with a curved section on the end, and the Inokinetic has an extra angle in the middle to reduce the parallellism of the tube walls. In my experience this can sometimes change the character of the exhaust note slightly. Results unknown without an A/B test.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did you notice any power gains? Would be interesting to see some numbers from a dyno for example! Or exist any references to Evora 400 where one can see what benefits are to be expected?
Subjectively it certainly feels quicker just because it sounds so ferocious at high revs, but noise aside I wouldn't claim to be able to detect a performance increase. GRP dynoed their evora decat and it gave an extra 12hp, but that was in combination with an induction kit, so not sure what difference the decat alone makes.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As an fyi - Our in-house decat pipe will be available in the next couple weeks, they will have a lower price point to save a few bucks. The fixture for them is being finished up and then the first batch will be rollin!
Stainless mandrel bent tubing, no pie cuts, laser cut flange etc.

Last edited:

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
no_change.jpeg

We have a 3 cat delete down pip fit for OEM exhaust and titanium exhaust for Emira V6 on stock now ❤️

Last edited:

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Subjectively it certainly feels quicker just because it sounds so ferocious at high revs, but noise aside I wouldn't claim to be able to detect a performance increase. GRP dynoed their evora decat and it gave an extra 12hp, but that was in combination with an induction kit, so not sure what difference the decat alone makes.
Once our shop car arrives we will do a before and after dyno with the cat delete and again with some other items that are in the works.

Lsp408

Reaction score
Was thinking about go ahead order the 3rd cat delete pipe and exhaust valve controller using Black Friday discount before car gets here but the shipping charges are ridiculously expensive.

Might wait until US vendor have more parts available.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was thinking about go ahead order the 3rd cat delete pipe and exhaust valve controller using Black Friday discount before car gets here but the shipping charges are ridiculously expensive.

Might wait until US vendor have more parts available.
We carry Milltek exhaust and will have our in house cat delete ready soon!
Milltek items are in stock as of yesterday, I can check again tomorrow morning.
Free shipping within the US this weekend as well.

Lsp408

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you very much for the info. I already got the valve controller and 3rd cat delete in the shopping cart. Ready for tomorrow

Reactions: GRP

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@GRP more cost effective to get milltek + free shipping now or wait until your in house ver ready

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder if this will have any impact on cat deletes in the UK, a company was successfully taken to court by the DVSA for performing cat delete and remap.

Auto Express Story

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wonder if this will have any impact on cat deletes in the UK, a company was successfully taken to court by the DVSA for performing cat delete and remap.

Auto Express Story
Difficult to be certain as there isn't enough info in the article, but if the car had a single cat and that had been removed then that would be illegal. The Emira 3rd cat is needed for global emissions requirements but it should still pass UK emissions with it removed. That was certainly the case with the Evora 3rd cat with the same engine.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Auto Express Story
This reads a bit odd. It also sounds like if the shop had warned the buyer that this was for off-road use only, then it would have been okay. It's then up to the buyer to decide to use it on road.

Reactions: GRP

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
View attachment 33591
We have a 3 cat delete down pip fit for OEM exhaust and titanium exhaust for Emira V6 on stock now ❤️

Great looking but like LSP408 said, the shipping to US is quite expensive and then no sound clips yet. I like the Larini exhaust that @Evotion has because we could hear the exhaust.

Jjrho

Reaction score
that decat pipe should be a $50 piece... i ll just have my local muffler shop chop my 3rd cat off and replace with same conduit pipe..... smh....

james R
'24 emira