❔ QUESTION 3 Questions for Emira owners with PPF

J600net

Reaction score
3 questions for Emira owners with PPF;

1. What did you get?
2. What did it cost you?
3. Any regrets?

I'm gonna book my Emira in after Christmas, looking likely to be full car and XPEL Fusion or Suntek Reaction

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
1. Will be getting nothing.
2. Saved $10k plus
3. No regrets. I've never put ppf on any of my previous cars. I think I only had 1 stone chip ever and I had it touched up. 99% couldn't see it at all. I had to find it and be about 2 inches away to even notice it a bit. Just touch it up with paint touch up and water sand it down then clear coat etc. So I figure save the $10k and spend it on something else. I'm not rich so I'll take my chances and fix anything if it comes up.
I had initially planned on ppf but these price hikes are killing my budget. Rather spend $10k on performance mods. Also not like I'm driving a $3 million dollar hyper car either. The lotus is a car for the drivers, not a garage queen. lol.

JonFuller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I got mine done with Xpel, whole car covered. Done by GVE in London (UK)
I had them do the wheel colour change as well, but I think the PPF aspect of the job cost about £3k plus sales tax, so about £3600 total.

No regrets at all, protected from smaller stone chips and general scuffs etc, plus it's SOOOO easy to clean and leather off now. great stuff.

Last edited:

Tonygcar

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have full PPF on my Emira, it was done by Topaz in Bristol and they quoted me £7200 but was reduced by haggling, they had the car for about 2 weeks but that included 2 bank holidays.
my car has full black pack and because the PPF is self healing when it gets warm (sunlight) you don’t get any swirling showing, and looks like new every time I clean it and so far no regrets and no stone chips 2500 miles done since April 👍

rich64

Reaction score
My previous Lotus was an S3 Elise SC, had the car for around 4 years (around 20K kms), front end on NZ roads was heavily paint chipped.
My new Emira arrived in July this year, after around 90 days shipping. We had PPF applied to the following area's. Full front including lights. Windshield frame up to roof, sills and rear wheel arches front and rear.

We have done around 3000km's to date, which includes Lotus and other car club runs on B roads at pace.
The car has zero paint defects from stone chips. The PPF installer does exotic cars, Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsche's etc.
Got a special price for Emira's, cost me $3K NZD.
Cleaning is a lot easier, adds additional shine.