2.0 EMIRA has arrived in China

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
On the 21st of Nov, an Emira with M139 egine arrived in China. I don't know if it is a production car, but it has a real M139 engine.

Attachments

• 2.0 1.jpg
    2.0 1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,032
  • 2.0 2.png
    2.0 2.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 571
  • 2.0 3.jpg
    2.0 3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 561
  • 2.0 4.jpg
    2.0 4.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 560

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great news!

Now, can you please put it on the dyno and let the whole 360-400hp debate unleash!

I hope it's not final production version. Having to disconnect the battery every time you shutdown is not very convenient!! 🤣

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like it says TT2 which could mean it's the second Tooling Trial prototype. I think this is one of the last stages before production so if the V6 timeline was the same maybe 6-8 months until customer deliveries?

OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Looks like it says TT2 which could mean it's the second Tooling Trial prototype. I think this is one of the last stages before production so if the V6 timeline was the same maybe 6-8 months until customer deliveries?
I watched a video of "Harry's Garage". Accroding to an interview of the manager of LOTUS, production of the 2.0 EMIRA will begin in the first or second quarter of 2023.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sweet jesus, why is this all so secretive?!?
Is it though? I think Lotus have been pretty clear in saying that i4 production is delayed until they clear the backlog of V6 cars. Production is likely to start in Q2 next year.

OP
Matt

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is it though? I think Lotus have been pretty clear in saying that i4 production is delayed until they clear the backlog of V6 cars. Production is likely to start in Q2 next year.
The general manager of LOTUS did say so last month. ;)

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Can’t wait for reviews. Good to see 400bhp, at least that is minimum for UK version after an ECU tune

Still hate the fact the UK cars comes with 360bhp as factory standard just so not to steal sales from the V6!
Genuine question... Why would lotus care whether people bought v6 or i4?

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was speculating to myself today that maybe part of the reasons for the longer delay to the i4 is that Lotus will actually release the 400bhp version in the UK once the main tranche of FE v6's have been delivered???

Probably just wishful thinking

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was speculating to myself today that maybe part of the reasons for the longer delay to the i4 is that Lotus will actually release the 400bhp version in the UK once the main tranche of FE v6's have been delivered???

Probably just wishful thinking
I think there’s logic in that. Initially China wasn’t going to get V6, but that changed as i4s were delayed.

Also, releasing V6 manual creates PR buzz and probably higher profit margins. I suspect the Hethel guys wanted to release it for “Brand value”. Can’t imagine releasing auto only being good for brand value for Lotus’s final ICE car

Last edited:

Callabrator

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My guess is that the profit margin on the (aging) V6 is better than it is on the (brand new-ish) i4, and the marketing message of "bigger engine - moar power!", is an easy one to tell. Purely speculation on my part though.

IanO

Reaction score
I think only Matt Windle can answer that but my guess would be V6 as a premium engine with better sound and a manual gearbox option which a lot of enthusiasts want. i4 developed for the Chinese market where taxes are prohibitive for engines above 2L. This then gives the opportunity for a cheaper 360hp lead in engine for Europe, although contrary to what the label says I thought one of the conversations in the forum stated that Matt swindle had confirmed China i4 was also 360ps. If the i4 really is available as 400ps lotus are unlikely to offer that version in Europe as they would have to spend the time and money to homologate it, and add complexity to the factory just for it to compete with the existing v6. Yes there will be people for whom this would be their ideal combination and keep hoping it will happen but I don’t see a business case for Lotus investing in this.