18" Braid wheels on new GT4

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
These look great. Tires are 245 in front and 305 rear. Can't wait to see if these are available aftermarket. I'm sure they will be accessible somehow, just not sure in what volume or at what price.

1651873112961.png

This would be a great setup on a roadgoing Emira, assuming they fit over the standard AP Racing 4-pots as opposed to the the Alcon setup on the GT4.

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
These look great. Tires are 245 in front and 305 rear. Can't wait to see if these are available aftermarket. I'm sure they will be accessible somehow, just not sure in what volume or at what price.

View attachment 5255

This would be a great setup on a roadgoing Emira, assuming they fit over the standard AP Racing 4-pots as opposed to the the Alcon setup on the GT4.
Is that tape on the seam?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
At least we know there should be plenty of inset clearance on the rear end of the Emira based on this. Probably an 18"x12" with a high offset from the looks of it.

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm liking the look of this wheel over the factory options. Recessed with a lip and slight concave. Couldn't find it in the Braid lineup so it might be a new model debut on the GT4. Want to see how it looks in other colors but forged Braids aren't cheap--2-4x the price of cast Braids per wheel.

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm liking the look of this wheel over the factory options. Recessed with a lip and slight concave. Couldn't find it in the Braid lineup so it might be a new model debut on the GT4. Want to see how it looks in other colors but forged Braids aren't cheap--4x the price of cast Braids per wheel.
Yeah, I’ll be looking for a set of cast track wheels in 18” once I get the Emira for track rubber. I’ll bend cast and forged wheels alike, they’re a consumable good. I’ll ask apex down the line if they’ll consider making anything that fits.