• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What is the difference in looks between a GT4 and stand Emira?

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok so the GT4 is a stripped out lighter V6 with a different gearbox etc., but I’d be interested to know the other differences.
1. Are the 18 inch wheels available and can a 305 wide rear tyre fit?
2. Does the GT4 have extended side skirts or a different rear splitter because it’s hard to tell?
3. Is the bonnet carbon fibre or the same material as the bonnet? With an aftermarket bonnet it would be good to have them ready to spray so no weave would show.
4. Is the front splitter carbon because the one I saw was gloss black?

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was wondering the same thing about the splitter gloss black vs carbon fiber, in this picture it does appear to be carbon fiber. Hopefully someone that has seen a GT4 in person can confirm
IMG_2435.jpeg

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was wondering the same thing about the splitter gloss black vs carbon fiber, in this picture it does appear to be carbon fiber. Hopefully someone that has seen a GT4 in person can confirm
View attachment 42077
The one I saw was definitely black gloss but it could have been painted. I like carbon but I also think black gloss looks great.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The Engine layout def looks better through the glass. I didn't expect it would look THAT different, but thats cool.
img_3058-jpeg.42100

Last edited:

ToonFan

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Engine layout def looks better through the glass. I didn't expect it would like THAT different, but thats cool.
img_3058-jpeg.42100
Are these recent photos and if so is the GT still at the dealer? I live close by and would definitely make a trip to see it up close.

MoBoost

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Are these recent photos and if so is the GT still at the dealer? I live close by and would definitely make a trip to see it up close.
Photos were taken on March 29. I think they may have two now?
Call over or just stop in; always a lot of cool cars there to look at!

RoryBellows

Reaction score
How does the rear hatch open on the GT4? Does the wing come up with the hatch even though its on the outside or does the hatch fully detach and slide out from under the wing?

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How does the rear hatch open on the GT4? Does the wing come up with the hatch even though its on the outside or does the hatch fully detach and slide out from under the wing?
I’m not sure. But if your trying to work out how much luggage you can get in a GT4, it may be the wrong car for you 🤣