• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Fitting a battery conditioner... Do's and Don'ts

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Curious to see pics of the back (Amazon only shows front). I might order one for my tractor to test out and see if it's a clean enough DIY for the Emira. It would look slick sitting flush on the battery cover or trunk liner with nothing dangling about.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 32

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's the one, except without two meters of wire attached. So I think I need to get my own terminals and wire it up. Should be easy enough.

The plan is to attach it close enough to the battery door if not on it.

RJH888

Reaction score
Went to check on it, unlocked without issue, all systems started properly and not even a hesitation when starting the engine! Also took the opportunity to confirm that you can start the car in Sport or Track by holding the start button with no pedals pressed for 5 seconds. Left the charger off for now, think it would easily last a few more weeks.
Thanks everyone for the interesting and helpful comments. I have a V6 FE Emira at my holiday place in Queensland Australia so it is parked in my basement garage for months while I am away. The dealer told me to just disconnect the battery leads - he says they just do that with their cars and have no issues. I did this when I was away for 3 months last year and it worked fine, but fiddly and nerve racking given what I have read about disconnecting batteries on modern cars. However no issues, no warning lights etc.

This trip I just left the car with battery connected. After 6 weeks no use the car fired up immediately which surprised me given my past cars (Cayman GTS4.0, 911 C2S, F88GTB) would not last this long without a battery conditioner.

I'm going to buy a CTEK charger so I've just ordered this magnetic connector which seems similar to the very nice system on the 488GTB:

Has anyone had experience with fitting this to an Emira?

Thanks again for all the great advice!

Dlirium

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the interesting and helpful comments. I have a V6 FE Emira at my holiday place in Queensland Australia so it is parked in my basement garage for months while I am away. The dealer told me to just disconnect the battery leads - he says they just do that with their cars and have no issues. I did this when I was away for 3 months last year and it worked fine, but fiddly and nerve racking given what I have read about disconnecting batteries on modern cars. However no issues, no warning lights etc.

This trip I just left the car with battery connected. After 6 weeks no use the car fired up immediately which surprised me given my past cars (Cayman GTS4.0, 911 C2S, F88GTB) would not last this long without a battery conditioner.

I'm going to buy a CTEK charger so I've just ordered this magnetic connector which seems similar to the very nice system on the 488GTB:

Exactly - this is really what I am looking to do as well, I just don’t want to be the first one :)

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I had two of these installed on my Evora with a CTEK, unfortunately both failed. For whatever reason, the magnetic ports corroded and when I thought the car was charging, it wasn’t properly, which led to me being stranded one time with an expensive tow, as the car entered limp mode. Maybe I was unlucky with this product, I’m not sure, perhaps it was where the mount was under the diffuser and susceptible to water (although it’s a dry day car only). While I like the product, I’m very wary.