Why would you buy a new Emira in the UK?

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not a Brit here but I'd imagine buying new from a dealer isn't the same experience as buying used. BTW, I have a size M Scott Spark XC bike (Nino Schurter World Champ edition) in mint condition for 30% of MSRP... any takers?

OP
Nick in Sydney

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Would one interpretation of this article be that UK Lotus dealers are buying up Emiras being offered for sale on CarWow in order to maintain a minimum floor under market prices?

"Although it’s a niche model, dealers have already acquired 13 Lotus Emiras via our auction platform this quarter..."

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
Would one interpretation of this article be that UK Lotus dealers are buying up Emiras being offered for sale on CarWow in order to maintain a minimum floor under market prices?

"Although it’s a niche model, dealers have already acquired 13 Lotus Emiras via our auction platform this quarter..."
Maybe but I'm seeing a lot of non-Lotus dealers selling Emiras listed on Autotrader so it might be them that's buying on CarWow thinking they are going to make some big money.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus messed up big time allowing people to cancel right up until close to delivery. Would’ve been much more sensible making people commit, just prior to starting the build. Sure, it would’ve been a hassle, but preferable to finding new owners for large numbers of orphaned cars.

There were lots of orphaned I4 in China (despite a supposedly non refundable circa 3kUSD deposit). I personally took an orphaned Nimbus Grey, instead of the Magma I ordered.

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My estimated delivery is Q1 2024 V6 manual. Im waiting on one of second released colour (zinc grey) first editions. Nothing currently on the market makes me want to change, I understand this is probably going to cost me 30k but I’d rather that than spend 60k on something I don’t want. Also just for fun I’ve never seen zinc grey in person and I have never driven the Emira
Have you got it yet?

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No, having been told a coupe of times by customer service in emails it would be Q1. I now believe it will never happen
Hmm - interesting.

When did you put in your 'final' order (rather than your reservation)?

Beardedbradley

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hmm - interesting.

When did you put in your 'final' order (rather than your reservation)?
I locked in as the second colours were released, it was also before last year price increase.

Beardedbradley

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Customer service are making noises that I won’t see the car now until 2025 or 2026 by which time I can’t believe they will still be making First Editions or they will honour the locked in price as previous told. Interestingly I keep seeing orphaned i4s appear on Lotus website that nobody seems to want……and I’m sitting here with cash in my pocket waiting to buy a car they don’t want to build.

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Customer service are making noises that I won’t see the car now until 2025 or 2026 by which time I can’t believe they will still be making First Editions or they will honour the locked in price as previous told. Interestingly I keep seeing orphaned i4s appear on Lotus website that nobody seems to want……and I’m sitting here with cash in my pocket waiting to buy a car they don’t want to build.
This is pretty wild. I wonder if they are saying all this to entice you to buy one of the available V6's. That's my guess, hold on and I think you may get your car sooner.

These games being played is all new, since the dealer is removed. (direct sales to customer) Generally the dealer would have tried to get you to buy an in-stock unit oppose to a factory order. But now that Lotus is doing the dealers dirty work, it just seems wrong and unethical.