What trims can we expect in the future?

datfrog

Reaction score
What trims can we expect to come between '24-'26 for the Emira? I'm on the order/wait list, but okay waiting longer if something interesting may be coming. This is my first Lotus, but it seems they released a slew of Elise/Exige models. I'd hate to miss out on something like a Carbon roof, for example.

What trims can we expect to come between '24-'26 for the Emira? I'm on the order/wait list, but okay waiting longer if something interesting may be coming. This is my first Lotus, but it seems they released a slew of Elise/Exige models. I'd hate to miss out on something like a Carbon roof, for example.

No one knows for sure since nothing has been officially stated, but we do know they're working on carbon molds for certain parts. This could mean a future Emira GT, Emira R, Cup, 450, etc... Whatever they decide to call it!

It could also mean they will soon offer OEM upgrades like cf parts, performance parts, and maybe even enhanced tunes! Probably special order bespoke editions with exclusive colors and upgrades.

There's also no word on how long the V6 will stick around. It could just be here for this initial First Edition and base run then be retired for i4 AMG versions only. It seems very likely that would mean no more manual transmission Emiras as well.

My guess is we see an Emira GT for MY2026 with carbon options at a premium (similar to the Evora GT).

To be fair, I think they have brought out a lot more. Indeed, it is the interior that has more options than any other area. I do not see much more being offered, apart from the matching centre wheel strip.

For the GT we can expect standard carbon seats. This will be dozens of kilos lighter but will not offer much in the way of comfort and colour coding any of it might be difficult except in the slender pads they put on them.

I;d like to see a Carbon Sports option (for ultimate feel) and a Carbon Comfort option (for sensitive bottoms).

If it's like previous models, I would expect limited editions with unique interior and exterior touches.

If I were a betting man, I would expect a hybrid model to out in a few years. Perhaps a full EV. Evora was built around an EV consideration (power plant swap), so the Emira must be even more.

Yea, I would expect at least a GT version with a focus on lightness and perhaps a smidge more power.

If it's like previous models, I would expect limited editions with unique interior and exterior touches.

If I were a betting man, I would expect a hybrid model to out in a few years. Perhaps a full EV. Evora was built around an EV consideration (power plant swap), so the Emira must be even more.
The new paint facility seems to have made it harder for them to do special paints and colour schemes. I asked at the Emira launch if it would be possible to pay extra for a premium/unique paint (as was possible with previous models) and was told no and unlikely to be offered for at least 2-3 years.

The new Lotus Advanced Performance division has responsibility for bespoke offerings and are also responsible for the Emira GT race car, so I expect we'll seeing limited editions and one offs from them at some point.

There are strong rumours of a road-going GT version in the next couple of years. Those rumours initially suggested it would be V6 based, so that might be the V6 Final Edition GT4xx before the V6 is expired. More recently I heard the GT may be i4 based, so that may be as well or instead.

I expect the First and Base Edition V6 and i4 will continue until at least end 2024. V6 will potentially phase out sometime in 2025, maybe with a Final Edition GT or non-GT. i4 will continue through to 2030.

The Type 135 EV sportscar joint venture with Alpine should be along in 2025, so I don't see Lotus investing in an EV powertrain for the Emira and they've already said they will go straight to EV without offering hybrids. Type 135 is on a new platform.

I'm also expecting some upgrade options for the existing Emiras to be launched by Lotus during 2023, such as wings, sports exhausts and maybe a power boost. These may be flow-downs from the LAP work on the GT racecars.

Considering the Evora had 7 (!) different variants in the 2010 to 2021 production years... I fully expect the Emira to also have a host of versions over the next decade.

So then the question becomes... When to get one???

Bump! Any more thoughts on this...

I know it's difficult to think about Special editions when people have been waiting 2 years plus for the First Editions... : (