what a proper manual car can do

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This was excellent! I found myself gradually raising my eyebrows higher and higher, and smiling wider and wider, until i ran out of forehead and cheeks! :D

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ayrton video... a master at work. The coordination of his focus, steering, shifting and the superb pedal work. Watching him heel and toe, and the pump pump pump throttle technique in a corner he used in Formula 1 to keep the turbo boost up so he'd have more power coming out of the corner. He moves his left foot off the clutch pedal unless he's using the pedal; no riding the pedal.

For anyone who doesn't understand what it means when people who want a manual trans say they enjoy the engagement, this is it right here.... sheer driving artistry.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Haven't seen it in quite a while, but this clip gives me goosebumps every time I watch it - pure class! (y)

A few years ago we didn't even think that there will be a day when such a soundtrack will be a thing of the past. Now wish I could have a V12 with a manual box... :whistle:

Last edited:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Haven't seen it in quite a while, but this clip gives me the goosebumps every time I watch it - pure class! (y)

A few years ago we didn't even think that there will be a day when such a soundtrack will be a thing of the past. Now wish I could have a V12 with a manual box... :whistle:
You can, for about $3 million

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Spiritually, this video is closer. It definitely has the soundtrack and the element of danger. Sure it’s on a track, but something about Ayrton heel-toeing in loafers makes this kindred.

To go this balls out without even a helmet, these guys were a different breed.

Yes! Another classic clip of a great driver thrashing a car to its limit - the throttle blipping was a particularly interesting feature...

Here is another; Stephan Roser taking the Ruf CTR "Yellow Bird" for a drive around the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Not quick by today's standards, but the car itself is not glued to the road like today's creations are, no short-ratio gearshift etc. All very casual - jeans and loafers for driving shoes - classic 1980s!