• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

We made the list!

scc.131.fe

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just love that one of their major gripes is "hot luggage".

This is when you are really searching for anything to complain about.
Can you imagine hanging around Aston Martin Valkyrie owners? ENDLESS luggage complaints...

allenyao09

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
C&D discredit themselves immediately rating the Supra and Z4 higher. I’d respect the GR86 or Miata, but not those two.
GR86/BRZ and Miata are in another class of "affordable sports cars". I have a MT Supra and ordered an Emira. I would say for most people Supra would probably be a better choice than Emira.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
GR86/BRZ and Miata are in another class of "affordable sports cars". I have a MT Supra and ordered an Emira. I would say for most people Supra would probably be a better choice than Emira.
Supra would be an easier car to live with, but drives and feels very differently than Emira, IMO. I had one. Really liked it for what it is.

Rcktmn

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Supra would be an easier car to live with, but drives and feels very differently than Emira, IMO. I had one. Really liked it for what it is.
Supra is way harder to get in and out of than the Emira though

Dino67

Reaction score
Could you elaborate? Which did you prefer from a pure driving perspective? I was debating between a MT Supra and V6 Emira.

crestima

Reaction score
I agree that the Vette is ugly particularly in the rear quarter and rear, but I find the Supra to be Fugly all around.

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Rupes

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I read the C&D review that created this 8/10 rating when it was first published, which is to say a long time ago, hence the $77k base price they're claiming. This was a EU spec "coming soon" vehicle, and my belief is that they don't often give the highest praise to things that aren't fully production ready for the NA market.

As an avid C&D reader for two+ decades, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2025 version - while unchanged - is rated higher because they can do a more thorough test.

Or, maybe not, and they just got this one wrong (IMO), which happens from time to time.