Water drains into the engine bay if hatch is opened when car is wet?

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Holy moly that Emira looks smoking hot!!!! I cannot WAIT till March when I am supposed to get mine!!!! Wish I would have went with blue...Owell!

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Pretty much all Mid engined cars do the same. Had the same problem with my 1995 Toyota MR2 SW20! When the boot opened, water just dripped into the boot 😂. The alternator would seize after a wet winter, as the water dripped into the engine bay over the alternator!! It was PITA!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Holy moly that Emira looks smoking hot!!!! I cannot WAIT till March when I am supposed to get mine!!!! Wish I would have went with blue...Owell!
imagine how much more smoking hot it will look when a gallon of water drips onto the hot engine and manifold 😂

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
imagine how much more smoking hot it will look when a gallon of water drips onto the hot engine and manifold 😂

Dont plan on taking it out in the rain ;). The Elise does it as well, no issues with it for years.

virtualmacho

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Water and bugs and small animals can / will find their way in. No different from any other car.

stefmaster

Reaction score
Not sure if this was covered here yet, but I was able to go see the car over at Lotus Haese near Frankfurt this week. It had been raining and the car was wet.

When I lifted the rear hatch, a good amount of water drained directly into the engine bay… this wasn’t an issue as the car wasn’t warm, but if the engine was hot it could be a problem.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this happen? Either way the car was great and has rekindled my excitement. Seeing it in person definitely helps mitigate the frustration of knowing I’ll have waited over 25 months since placing a deposit (assuming no further delays).
Same with the Evora and water ingress into the engine bay.