Visible manual linkage

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi,

I was really close to closing a deal on a manual emira and I found something really odd! As we all know the emira supposed to have a visible manual linkage but for some odd reason I found one for sale where it isn’t!
Is it something normal or odd ? I sent an email to the dealer and waiting to see what they say but what do you guys think ? I’ll add a pic from the site, and yes it’s from both sides I check haha

Attachments

• 104608C0-E253-44EB-9506-36B6D4A43798.jpeg
    104608C0-E253-44EB-9506-36B6D4A43798.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 214
Hi,

I was really close to closing a deal on a manual emira and I found something really odd! As we all know the emira supposed to have a visible manual linkage but for some odd reason I found one for sale where it isn’t!
Is it something normal or odd ? I sent an email to the dealer and waiting to see what they say but what do you guys think ? I’ll add a pic from the site, and yes it’s from both sides I check haha
We´ve seen at least one delivered in Europe with covered linkage, thought it could be country specific restrictions, which country is that one for sale?

We´ve seen at least one delivered in Europe with covered linkage, thought it could be country specific restrictions, which country is that one for sale?
Oh really ? From which countries have you seen ? I looked but maybe I haven’t noticed, such a shame if it’s a country specific restriction, hope it’s just a matter of popping the covers off and replacing them!
And the car I’m sort of in the process of buying is in Italy.

Is this Verdant Green the one you are being offered?
This is the only one I recall from pictures posted at the very beginning

Here

Oh. i have just seen yours is a different color inside, so there is more than one

Is this Verdant Green the one you are being offered?
This is the only one I recall from pictures posted at the very beginning

Here

Oh. i have just seen yours is a different color inside, so there is more than one
Do we know the situ for spain?...cover or no cover.... ? Im guessing if italy has a cover, spain maybe does too....

Do we know the situ for spain?...cover or no cover.... ? Im guessing if italy has a cover, spain maybe does too....
It is very weird, the first with cover was a demo in Belgium, but they also have without cover.
No clue for Spain, but don't worry, guess it will not be difficult to change it after

It is very weird, the first with cover was a demo in Belgium, but they also have without cover.
No clue for Spain, but don't worry, guess it will not be difficult to change it after
The odd part is that they all have to comply with EU regulations why would one country have stricter regulations than the other when they’re all under the same regulation ? I’m not originally from the eu so I might be wrong on that

Because the one from Czech doesn’t have a cover.

The odd part is that they all have to comply with EU regulations why would one country have stricter regulations than the other when they’re all under the same regulation ? I’m not originally from the eu so I might be wrong on that
I agree with you, but no expert in that.
By the way, out of curiosity, is the dealer offering you the car or somebody that already got it?

Are they fitting covers on the dealer demo cars but not on customer cars?

As others have said, there are covered and uncovered cars in the same country, so it can’t be country-specific regulations.

For some odd reason he states the car did in fact came with a cover, I wish there was a way to check if it’s removable and you could change it to the regular one (meaning the internals are the same), not gonna be back home for the next month so I can’t just go there unfortunately

According to the dealer the cover cannot be changed and all the cars delivered to them will be with a cover, if that’s the case that’s such a shame! Would you get a manual without the visible gear linkage ? It’s a small but brilliant detail which I don’t know if I’ll be able to find a workaround (meaning finding a different allocation from a different county to export to Italy just for that linkage, but the car will stay with me for at least 4 years If nothing more interesting from lotus would come out)

According to the dealer the cover cannot be changed and all the cars delivered to them will be with a cover, if that’s the case that’s such a shame! Would you get a manual without the visible gear linkage ? It’s a small but brilliant detail which I don’t know if I’ll be able to find a workaround (meaning finding a different allocation from a different county to export to Italy just for that linkage, but the car will stay with me for at least 4 years If nothing more interesting from lotus would come out)

Before everyone panics, I suspect it will be possible to remove the solid cover (or mesh cover) and leave the mechanism totally exposed. I also have a suspicion that we will be able to remove the leather boot to have direct visibility of the mechanism from the top as well.

The mesh cover is likely to be available as a spare part too.

I don’t understand , so both car sold in Netherlands , one with mesh and one with cover??