Video reviews by customers who are not forum members

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That Ferrari has seen some hard miles. It also looks surprisingly dated, especially the interior, next to the clean, sleek Emira. Yeah, it would have been nice to have known what they were saying.

Last edited:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That Ferrari has seem some hard miles.
Oh man... You weren't kidding! 😄

Also, the host of this video seems like one of those naturally-funny people, the kind where everything they do or say makes you laugh. Seeing him trying to get the Ferrari's frunk closed was hilarious. :p

OP
J

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In my Youtube feed tonight. Video shows installation of PPF and associated prep. I can't believe how bad the paintwork was with swirls and holograms, I wonder how it ended up in such bad shape?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In my Youtube feed tonight. Video shows installation of PPF and associated prep. I can't believe how bad the paintwork was with swirls and holograms, I wonder how it ended up in such bad shape?
Simple: softer modern paints and poor finishing work.

Wait till you see the poor paint adhesion:

Attachments

• 92740545-F614-4B97-A518-B699B4872238.jpeg
    92740545-F614-4B97-A518-B699B4872238.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 98

Chobfreak

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Simple: softer modern paints and poor finishing work.

Wait till you see the poor paint adhesion:
Holy moly... so essentially pulling off PPF might take the paint down with it as well?😬

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Idk, found on facebook, I'll leave it for a separate thread someone can start, I don't want that topic overtaking this video review forum.

OP
J

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another one from my Youtube feed this morning. It is in Portugese, but the Youtube subtitle translation delivers some often amusing results. It correctly interprets the exhaust sound as music! Very well shot video.

vantage

Reaction score
When I pulled the factory Lotus PPF (Starshield, technically installed at port) off of my Elise after ~12 years, some paint came with it. requiring a front end re-spray. I never figured out if this was just an Elise issue, an issue with waiting far too many years to replace, or an issue with the PPF having been applied before the paint was fully cured. Maybe a combination of all of the above.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey @VL3X or @supersix, how about combining this with the other really long video review thread?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Hey @VL3X or @supersix, how about combining this with the other really long video review thread?

That review index thread seems more suited to automotive journalist reviews, but I'm open to merging it if enough people want to post all Emira videos in that one thread.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This came up in my Youtube feed, I am glad I haven't gone for ice grey leather as I was considering this originally(see around timestamp 9:00 on the video, the reviewer mistakenly refers to the interior as silver).
This guys is a clown. 'Best shifter I've ever driven' The shifter may be the worst thing in this great car. Why embellish??