V6 to I4 order

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone swapped from the V6 to I4 in the UK in the past few months?

If you did what did Lotus say about your placing in the I4 queue compared to your deposit date?

Just asking for a friend??

Hi,

Has anyone swapped from the V6 to I4 in the UK in the past few months?

If you did what did Lotus say about your placing in the I4 queue compared to your deposit date?

Just asking for a friend??
I asked CS a couple of weeks ago after my test drive. have a V6 for February delivery and they said Q4 2023. May well have changed now after the recent announcements.

Answered my own question with Lotus today, for anyone's who interested. You get put back to the back of the I4 queue and I4's wont ship till late Q1 2024 at the moment so that means I probably wouldn't get a car till Q4 2024 or Q1 2025.

Answered my own question with Lotus today, for anyone's who interested. You get put back to the back of the I4 queue and I4's wont ship till late Q1 2024 at the moment so that means I probably wouldn't get a car till Q4 2024 or Q1 2025.
What does this mean for the base model too then?
2025???

My update email last week still says August 2023 for my first batch UK i4 (Goodwood 2021 Thursday deposit) and there are a handful of earlier depositors still being advised for July 2023.....

So you don’t slot into the i4 line based on your deposit date? That’s different to what Lotus were saying in June at Goodwood.

So you don’t slot into the i4 line based on your deposit date? That’s different to what Lotus were saying in June at Goodwood.
Seems fairer now that early i4 depositors have been given dates.....

Speaking as an i4 deposit holder from the beginning, for the small number of people that are likely to change from V6 to i4, I wouldn't have an issue with them cutting in front of me on the basis of them having placed a deposit before me... putting your money down should really be classed as one big "I want an Emira, here is my money" queue IMHO.

That said, you can sod off if you think I'm giving you my build slot Tony :)

EDIT: for clarity, I'd be completely happy for you to go in front of me, but I'm not going to the back of the line :cry: ... it's silly that any early depositor should have to rejoin at the back of the queue.

Thanks for the update.
That's what they told me Tom.
That seems very different to the info they gave me which seemed like I would be slotted into the I4 queue based on my deposit date. Irrelevant now because I’ve decided to stay with the V6 and run it for 12 months or so on the basis that it’s not the keeper I hoped it would be and it cannot replace what I already have.

That seems very different to the info they gave me which seemed like I would be slotted into the I4 queue based on my deposit date. Irrelevant now because I’ve decided to stay with the V6 and run it for 12 months or so on the basis that it’s not the keeper I hoped it would be and it cannot replace what I already have.
When did you call them, perhaps my call handler wasn’t best informed.

Back