• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

V6 production timing clarification

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've read a couple times (ie the Motor 1 article about the New York tour) in reports that the US production for the Emira won't even start until Fall of 2022. This is different than what Lotus is saying which is the FE will be available spring of 2022.

So, my question is will the FE be available sometime early/mid next year or is it not being put into production until Fall of next year? Or does do they mean the regular spec V6's go into production in Fall 2022?

Thanks for any clarification!

OP
Magma

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Good luck with finding that out it's all clear as mud.
Well, I was kinda hoping Tom E may have some insight.
I realize nobody knows for sure, but Lotus' website says available Spring 2022, but then I see production STARTS Fall 2022. That's a huge difference...

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, I was kinda hoping Tom E may have some insight.
I realize nobody knows for sure, but Lotus' website says available Spring 2022, but then I see production STARTS Fall 2022. That's a huge difference...
I'm pretty sure that is for the UK market. The US market is Q3 which ties up

OP
Magma

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that is for the UK market. The US market is Q3 which ties up

"Available Spring 2022" is from the US website.

Not a big deal, I'm in for the wait as excruciating as it may be, I'm just hoping maybe the dealers got some info at the Vegas conference this week and they can share some stuff.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
OP
Magma

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’d been told production of cars for US (and Europe) would start 1-2 months after UK. So allowing for shipping and customs clearance I was reckoning 2-3 months later for first deliveries, meaning July/Aug.

I suspect we’ll get an update on delivery timings globally in Dec or early Jan, after UK & US roadshows and before build commitment is needed for first 6 months of production.

OP
Magma

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’d been told production of cars for US (and Europe) would start 1-2 months after UK. So allowing for shipping and customs clearance I was reckoning 2-3 months later for first deliveries, meaning July/Aug.

I suspect we’ll get an update on delivery timings globally in Dec or early Jan, after UK & US roadshows and before build commitment is needed for first 6 months of production.

Got it! OK that's what I had been reading before some of these new publications were saying production starting in the Fall.

Thanks for replying!

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi all,
As a recovering US deposit holder, I recently reached out to Lotus USA Relations manager Tammy McKenzie to ask some questions and convey some thoughts to her about the information waste land we find ourselves in at US buyers. She has been helpful to me. I thought I’d copy here what she said to me that seems relevant to the question of when we can expect to have some momentum towards ordering our cars. I hope this provides some clarity, while not being too disappointing.
——————————————————

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your email, I have resent the previous emails and hope these have arrived safely.

Currently in the UK depositors are now making their second deposit on their Emira, the US is on an approximate 6 month delay from the UK's timeline for deposit collection, order entry, and vehicle delivery. The next deposit and final build configurations will be collected by dealers early in the new year.

In the US this will all be completed through the dealerships unlike the UK which is being completed directly through Lotus. The dealers will keep you informed of each step once announced.

If there is anything further I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me either by email or phone.

Kind Regards

TAMMY MCKENZIE

RELATIONSHIP MANAGER USA

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My interpretation is that we should be placing orders in late spring for V6 FEs. How things will go if one chooses to defer to the I4 is less clear.