US Spec Emira

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't think the side markers are needed. The headlights for the US market will have an amber strip.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think the side markers are needed. The headlights for the US market will have an amber strip.

Correct. It's just the amber side marks in the headlights and there will be 2 black bumper things on either side of the license plate. I don't have an exact pic, but similar to this:

552e7d3c8433971509513d9e0d8c89ddx.jpg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Correct. It's just the amber side marks in the headlights and there will be 2 black bumper things on either side of the license plate. I don't have an exact pic, but similar to this:

552e7d3c8433971509513d9e0d8c89ddx.jpg
Oh no!!!
They put those bumperettes on my AMG GT. I guess I should have seen it coming.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any chance they can be removed on the Emira?
I hope they are installed with double sided tape. On the GT, they are a part of the US license plate mounting platform that is hard mounted to the bumper shell, so can't be removed.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
At least it's on the lower black pack section and not contrasting against a painted rear bumper cover. I'm not really worried about it.

DSC03292.jpg
Do you know what they look like, whether they have any type of shape to them or just two small loaves of bread?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know what they look like, whether they have any type of shape to them or just two small loaves of bread?

Not sure. The Lotus of US rep, Shabaz, told me about them during one of my test drives.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The bumpy things around the license plate are removable on the Evora (assuming that's what we're talking about). Few screws and it's out.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the amber in the headlights are even worse. Hopefully that can be remedied

You can always stick a thin piece of dark vinyl on that part of the headlight to cover it up. Simple cheap fix. Deep pockets? Buy the Euro spec oem headlights and swap them in.

Last edited:

OneThreeOne

Reaction score
Headlamps aren't that bad. Rather have them integrated in to housings than a separate reflector floating somewhere on the bumper. It's also interesting that the USA configurator always had them illustrated... makes me want to see if the rear bumperettes are also on there? Doubtful though. IIRC, it has the euro "Emira" rear plate.