❔ QUESTION US spec differences

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does anyone have a view on all the US spec differences that we will see on the EMIRA. I’m thinking additional reflectors, that sort of thing. Ideally with pictures. For example most cars in the US have reflectors on the rear bumpers about 1ft off the ground. And my Evora has side markers rear and front. Thanks

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great question. I don't believe front side markers are needed for the Emira because the headlight for US cars will incorporate the amber element. Similarly, the rear lights seem to have enough forward side sweep to not need rear side markers.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Photos have been posted here previously of the US headlight assemblies with the amber reflective strip integrated. It may take a search to track down.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's a crop I took from one of the early Hethel production images, when they were in the middle of prototyping. Lotus published these in a gallery here:
https://media.lotuscars.com/en/galleries/handmade-in-hethel.html

This shows the US headlight, or an early variant of it. No idea whether this is final, but it does include the amber reflector so you can get an idea of how it's integrated. They really designed this as a world car from the beginning, which is admirable.
LOT-Line-5458-crop.jpg

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone have a view on all the US spec differences that we will see on the EMIRA. I’m thinking additional reflectors, that sort of thing. Ideally with pictures. For example most cars in the US have reflectors on the rear bumpers about 1ft off the ground. And my Evora has side markers rear and front. Thanks
My understanding is it has bigger diameter cup holders and has 4, up from 2 in the EUROPEAN version. Trust me as I cannot tell a lie.

G

Guest142

Here's a crop I took from one of the early Hethel production images, when they were in the middle of prototyping. Lotus published these in a gallery here:
https://media.lotuscars.com/en/galleries/handmade-in-hethel.html

This shows the US headlight, or an early variant of it. No idea whether this is final, but it does include the amber reflector so you can get an idea of how it's integrated. They really designed this as a world car from the beginning, which is admirable.
View attachment 7233
Looks fantastic.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think the US version owners manual will be translated to languages such as Texan and may have a special compartment for the constitution and a medium sized firearm. Large firearms will affect the weight distribution.
Lone Star Edition........
The highly desired Lotus Lone Star