• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

US configurator updated with official pricing

Featured
It appears the US configurator has finally been updated to show official pricing. Most of us already know the following, but here you go:
  • Only the V6 First Editions can be currently configured - "Available Spring 2022"
  • 6 Speed Automatic transmission is +$2,150
  • TDC steering wheel stripes can be added to automatics for $530
  • Manual transmission steering wheels can be all black leather (included) or all black Alcantara for $530 (no color stitching or TDC stripe)
  • Engine output still at 400HP/310TQ (not the 416HP from the Evora GT some of us were hoping for the US market)
  • Upper black pack is $1400
  • Homelink included at no charge
v6.jpg

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It appears the US configurator has finally been updated to show official pricing. Most of us already know the following, but here you go:
  • Only the V6 First Editions can be currently configured - "Available Spring 2022"
  • Manual transmission steering wheels can be all black leather (included) or all black Alcantara for $530 (no color stitching or TDC stripe)
  • Engine output still at 400HP/310TQ (not the 416HP from the Evora GT some of us were hoping for the US market)
View attachment 950
Does anyone know, for the $530 steering wheel upgrade, do we get anything on there other than the one red stripe at 12 o’clock?

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does anyone know, for the $530 steering wheel upgrade, do we get anything on there other than the one red stripe at 12 o’clock?
For the FE's, the $530 wheel gets you nothing more than Alcantara over leather.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
For the FE's, the $530 wheel gets you nothing more than Alcantara over leather.
Someone on here mentioned that “every time you get in the car” feel.

So $530 to have that good feeling…

Hey Lotus! Take. My. Money.

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Someone on here mentioned that “every time you get in the car” feel.

So $530 to have that good feeling…

Hey Lotus! Take. My. Money.

Eh, I'm already considering giving them $95k+ for that feeling.. They could throw in some extra customization for us.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 950
My review of the Configurator shows the HomeLink as a cost option (there not included).
Free would have been a nice bonus though.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Checking the US configurator from UK clearly shows Homelink as a NO COST option

firstlotus

Reaction score
View attachment 950
Can someone please explain to me why you have to order an automatic transmission to get a TDC Steering wheel stipe...? and why it's $530 USD...? That should be a NCO for all Emira's... it gives you an immerdiate racing feel as soon as you get into the car... !

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I asked this question at the road show one guy seem to know the configurator problem the other didn't. I'm sure lotus are aware of it now and hope it will be sorted by the time you do your final spec.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What was the Homelink price?
It was once posted somewhere as $200 or so. Not a big deal, but FE is supposed to be chock full of Early Adopter goodies as a thank you. I'm still trying to digest $595 for a red stripe. That tape is free at my Dry Cleaners if I need it. :)

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It was once posted somewhere as $200 or so. Not a big deal, but FE is supposed to be chock full of Early Adopter goodies as a thank you. I'm still trying to digest $595 for a red stripe. That tape is free at my Dry Cleaners if I need it. :)
In the US on the US Configurator and it’s not showing a cost for Homelink.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Just go to the config page and press Ctrl + F5 to clear the cache for that page. It should reload with the most recent version of the site.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can someone please explain to me why you have to order an automatic transmission to get a TDC Steering wheel stipe...? and why it's $530 USD...? That should be a NCO for all Emira's... it gives you an immerdiate racing feel as soon as you get into the car... !
The steering wheel factory that makes the TDC steering wheel is staffed by militant vegans who refuse to work with animal products.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The steering wheel situation is a contractual issue between Lotus and their supplier. They had to commit to minimum orders before the reveal and mis-guessed it. So currently manual cars can only have plain leather or alcantara, no stitching or TDC marker.

Lotus are aware of customer feedback and are reviewing with the supplier. That may or may not open up the option.

As an alternative, doing contrast stitching and/or TDC marker is an easy aftermarket change. My UK dealer has quoted £170, which is half the price of the cost option on the autos.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You may have to go with the Dry Cleaner tape because it looks like that steering wheel stripe will not be offered on Manual V6 FE models. (Only option is Leather vs Alcantara) Too bad - the stripe is a nice touch and I'd throw a few shekels to get it while my wallet is already open...