UK deposit to order checkout to delivery process

Razz

Reaction score
If it’s a June build it should be a July delivery.

Mine was roughly 6 weeks from my enhance protect email.
Ok cool!
That’s odd, I haven’t received an enhance protect email. I tried clicking resend on the portal but it doesn’t work. So annoying!

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Unfortunately, my experience of Lotus Customer support suggests that they tell you what they think you want to hear.
If it was produced in June, it should be July collection (unless PDI finds anything), but I’d think August is more realistic.

Razz

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my experience of Lotus Customer support suggests that they tell you what they think you want to hear.
If it was produced in June, it should be July collection (unless PDI finds anything), but I’d think August is more realistic.
Ooh ok, thanks! As you know it’s super frustrating trying to get a clear answer out of customer support.

Apart of me doesn’t know whether to believe them, because I called to cancel my order as I found an Emira basically the same spec on auto trader which was available now. But was told my car is already in production so thought I’ll wait.
Fingers crossed I get an email soon then.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ooh ok, thanks! As you know it’s super frustrating trying to get a clear answer out of customer support.

Apart of me doesn’t know whether to believe them, because I called to cancel my order as I found an Emira basically the same spec on auto trader which was available now. But was told my car is already in production so thought I’ll wait.
Fingers crossed I get an email soon then.
Also, it may be a lot faster than you expect once you get the call to complete. I did the confirmation, credit agreement, deposits and collection all in around a week. You might get lucky.

Razz

Reaction score
Also, it may be a lot faster than you expect once you get the call to complete. I did the confirmation, credit agreement, deposits and collection all in around a week. You might get lucky.
Wow that is pretty fast, here’s hoping I get lucky!

From getting the enhance & protect email to delivery do you remember how long you had to wait?

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow that is pretty fast, here’s hoping I get lucky!

From getting the enhance & protect email to delivery do you remember how long you had to wait?
Was a month or two. I rang and added ceramic and paint insurance, immediately, but I doubt that changed the speed of anything.

Also, when talking to the credit guys I decided I didn't need either, as the insurance didn't cover what I wanted, and the ceramic seemed to have mixed reviews from guys here with its applications. When I picked the car up, it had ceramic coating lol. So got that for free which was handy. So you have some time to add and remove that kind of stuff it would seem, but you cannot change the config of the actual car.

Razz

Reaction score
Was a month or two. I rang and added ceramic and paint insurance, immediately, but I doubt that changed the speed of anything.

Also, when talking to the credit guys I decided I didn't need either, as the insurance didn't cover what I wanted, and the ceramic seemed to have mixed reviews from guys here with its applications. When I picked the car up, it had ceramic coating lol. So got that for free which was handy. So you have some time to add and remove that kind of stuff it would seem, but you cannot change the config of the actual car.
Ceramic coating for free, that’s pretty awesome even if it isn’t the best.
So a couple months, at least I’ll still have some decent weather to drive the car in. Albeit break in miles lol.

Tonygcar

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just received my car today see pictures. I got the real one on the 24th of April and it’s brilliant what a fantastic car, hang on in there it’s worth the wait 🤗

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpeg
    IMG_0240.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0227.jpeg
    IMG_0227.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Razz

Reaction score
Just received my car today see pictures. I got the real one on the 24th of April and it’s brilliant what a fantastic car, hang on in there it’s worth the wait 🤗
Looks great! Wasn’t sure about red but seeing your car it looks amazing. Doesn’t seem to be a bad colour for this car.

How often do you drive it?

Tonygcar

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks great! Wasn’t sure about red but seeing your car it looks amazing. Doesn’t seem to be a bad colour for this car.

How often do you drive it?
I got 1200 miles on the clock so far and it’s a nice day today so i am going for a ride around mid wales, My car is an auto with full black pack with silver wheels, I’ve had full PPF applied at Topaz. easier to clean with no swirl marks.
Check out on YouTube Kyan media 467 The first Emira in Spain, if you’re wondering which colour to get I think this will make your mind up.

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpeg
    IMG_0206.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 31

GregD

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All,

Anyone know the answer to this one? So, finally received my Lotus Checkout e-mail today (hooray!), but with it being 21st Aug, was wondering how quickly Lotus might determine the registration plate for the vehicle? With it being so close to Sept 1st, I'm wondering whether it might be registered as a '23' plate or might there be a dependency on the customer actually progressing going through the checkout process that influences this? (I've not actioned the e-mail yet.)

I'd prefer to have it on a '73' plate, been as we're so close to 1st Sept, but I'm not sure what actually happens at Lotus in this regard as to when they determine the plate. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks.