Type of Leather

JPS_67

Reaction score
I chose ice grey leather with an all magma red exterior, I didn't see much grey leather on this forum. Am I one of the few or are there others as well? What exterior colour have you chosen and why did you chose for your type of leather?

Last edited:
I chose ice grey leather with an all magma red exterior, I didn't see much grey leather on this forum. Am I one of the few or are there others as well? What exterior colour have you chosen and why did you chose for your type of leather?
Love the grey but wimped out as I will be paranoid about marking it, went for tan on Magma which I suppose is a classic combo

I've gone for the Ice Grey with Hethel Yellow! For me I felt it would be a nice way to brighten up the interior a little with a lighter colour, and I wasn't sure that the tan would go well with the yellow. I've also had a succession of black-interior'd cars so fancied a change!

I've gone for tan in the Seneca blue. I think it looks awesome but haven't heard too many others with that combo. Would be interested to hear what others think (don't hold back)!

Also gone with Ice Grey. I think it's a modern colour which will contrast well with the dark cabin.
I'll put this on the seats as worked a treat on my old car with oyster seats https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/l1-leather-guard-ab.aspx

Gone for Ice grey with Dark Verdant exterior. Originally had tan which of course is the classic choice and will no doubt look great, but felt the grey will give it a modern edge matching the silver wheels.

Gone for Ice grey with Dark Verdant exterior. Originally had tan which of course is the classic choice and will no doubt look great, but felt the grey will give it a modern edge matching the silver wheels.
Blue and brown are basically a strong combo.
I've played with the idea myself, but unfortunately there are some colors in the interior that can't be changed, such as the red on the start button and the seatbelt button.

These are only small elements but trigger my OCD enough to have doubts.

I originally ordered ice grey but after much deliberation changed to Alcantara. One small part was the concern of it getting grubby, but mainly I felt there would be too many contrasting colours with the exterior - blue, black (pack) and grey.

If I wasn't having the black pack then I probably would have stuck with the ice grey.

I originally ordered ice grey but after much deliberation changed to Alcantara. One small part was the concern of it getting grubby, but mainly I felt there would be too many contrasting colours with the exterior - blue, black (pack) and grey.

If I wasn't having the black pack then I probably would have stuck with the ice grey.
aren't you worried the alcantara might wear out during time? I attached my setup.

Attachments

• my emira 202202.JPG
    my emira 202202.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 84
I've also gone for Ice Grey with Dark Verdant and silver wheels. Decided to not go for the black pack as I wanted the silver badging and exhaust tips at the rear and can always wrap the roof and pillars if I decide to have a contrast roof. Just can't decide on silver or yellow brake calipers but leaning towards yellow. First deposit on 13th July so I guess I'll have to decide reasonably soon.

aren't you worried the alcantara might wear out during time? I attached my setup.

No more than the light grey leather showing marks or colour transfer from Jeans.
I have specced a leather steering wheel
It's a weekend car only so minimal abuse.

Red leather for me. The red leather, silver manual gear knob, chrome accents and dark grey leather just work so well together!

Was torn between ice grey and red for a while, but when I considered the grey/red screen graphics, red start button cover and chrome / silver accents, the red leather will make things look more sporty and cohesive yet still keep the cabin relatively bright.

I was also a bit concerned about the ‘white bench’ effect of ice grey leather on the dash reflecting into the windscreen in the sun (see Tesla 3 complaints related to the white dash strip obscuring visibility). Not sure whether this will be an issue in the Emira but would rather not risk it in the bright sun we have down under.

Ice Grey with Nimbus - I like the Alcantera seats but the cabin in the show car seemed very dark. I like lighter interiors and havent had issues with cream/light leather in other cars if treated properly.
If I flipped back to DVG then Id go tan. Just wasnt sure tan and Nimbus quite worked

I want to do magma and ice grey but I can't see how that will look good. Anything I saw online that resembles what magma *actually* looks like doesn't contrast well. Maroon and white basically. Dark dark reds are typically accompanied by black interior.

I've also gone for Ice Grey with Dark Verdant and silver wheels. Decided to not go for the black pack as I wanted the silver badging and exhaust tips at the rear and can always wrap the roof and pillars if I decide to have a contrast roof. Just can't decide on silver or yellow brake calipers but leaning towards yellow. First deposit on 13th July so I guess I'll have to decide reasonably soon.
I went for black pack and black calipers, but the black pack could have gone either way - but the recent 3rd call froze the spec and I'll run with it.

I went for black pack and black calipers, but the black pack could have gone either way - but the recent 3rd call froze the spec and I'll run with it.
I'm also going ice grey leather on a dark verdant Emira with black pack, privacy glass, black wheels, yellow callipers.

I find myself flitting between Alcantara with yellow stitching to match the yellow callipers, or ice grey to just give a sexy contrast to the already dark-as-it-can-be paint choice!

Seneca Blue, no black pack, and ice grey interior. I wanted a more funky modern look to this, futuristic and cool colors. Diamond wheels.

Ice Grey with Nimbus - I like the Alcantera seats but the cabin in the show car seemed very dark. I like lighter interiors and havent had issues with cream/light leather in other cars if treated properly.
If I flipped back to DVG then Id go tan. Just wasnt sure tan and Nimbus quite worked
You have superb taste ..... Same as my config :)

I want to do magma and ice grey but I can't see how that will look good. Anything I saw online that resembles what magma *actually* looks like doesn't contrast well. Maroon and white basically. Dark dark reds are typically accompanied by black interior.
Did you get an opportunity to see a magma red sample in person? When I first saw the magma disk, my first impression was... this is a lot more red and a lot less maroon than what I saw on the original configurator.

Magma does have dual personality. In very dull or indoor lighting, it looks maroonish and very close to Fire Red. However, under natural light or under direct sunlight, it is much more red looking and the metallic properties really pop.

Anyhow, I haven't made up my mind yet for my config. Maybe Magma with Ice Grey... or Nimbus with red or ice grey leather.

@DaaS yes I saw the sample in person and was immediately turned off. I don't know if it just wasn't a good example of the color or what. But to me, the configurator is a magnitude of many brighter