• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Type 132: the countdown begins

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The countdown begins: Clive Chapman, son of Lotus founder, reflects on his father's interest in practical cars' design and engineering.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
LOL... gotta love marketing. Change the story as it suits you and the new vision. Nothing wrong with it, but to imply that Chapman was into practical cars like SUV's/Crossovers is a joke.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To me, an SUV is a practical vehicle purchase, especially an electric one. I would likely look towards one of the major brands for such a car. No doubt lotus will not have difficulty selling this SUV since it is a unique brand and styling.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
LOL... gotta love marketing. Change the story as it suits you and the new vision. Nothing wrong with it, but to imply that Chapman was into practical cars like SUV's/Crossovers is a joke.
I concur.
It's now a race to the bank with a bread and butter offering far from a niche specialty car.