• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Toms new car

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ditto Top secret 🤫 until big reveal should we do a poll see who is right ……

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I hear he got a Jensen SV8, a real beauty.

Jensen-SV8-1.jpg

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s all gone a bit quiet as Tom had to go to the US to arrange for his Corvette to be packed into a shipping container.
I bet he dug up a barn find, like this 1980 model from California. A whole 180 horsepower from that glorious V8, if you can get it running!

1980-corvette-parked-since-1991-looks-nasty-outside-hides-a-pure-secret-inside_8.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry folks, no forum activity from me over the last week as I've been in the US for full-on days with my US team plus clients and prospects, then redeye back and straight into an industry event in London.

At least while I was in Houston I managed to tie up a long term gasoline supply contract... ;)

There has been some confusion over the timing for my new car, as some people thought it was "new new" and hence coming 1 March to tie in with new registration index. It's actually "new to me but used" and I'm picking it up tomorrow. Super-excited and it's genuinely like Christmas Eve as a kid.

I've also managed to find a new storage facility nearby, so some of my existing cars are getting shuffled into a new home. This has the advantage that MrsE won't be able to tell exactly how many cars there are in the fleet!

I'll post some pics and info about the car tomorrow evening.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here you go - it's in a different sub-forum as it's not "off topic" :)